Husqvarna carb

Tupelo

OPE Member
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello All,

This is my first post here. I own a 2011 460 rancher that ran well 4 years ago. I ran it dry before storing it. Now it starts and idles with the choke ON, but bogs out when throttled. I tried adjusting the screws with slotted and splined screw drivers. Will I need to remove and clean the carb, or is there an easier way ?

I have watched you tube and downloaded the parts .pdf file, but would prefer a step by step manual.

Thanks.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello All,

This is my first post here. I own a 2011 460 rancher that ran well 4 years ago. I ran it dry before storing it. Now it starts and idles with the choke ON, but bogs out when throttled. I tried adjusting the screws with slotted and splined screw drivers. Will I need to remove and clean the carb, or is there an easier way ?

I have watched you tube and downloaded the parts .pdf file, but would prefer a step by step manual.

Thanks.
How fresh is your gas/oil mix?

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Carb diaphragms are probably dried out/ no longer flexible. Which means it needs a carb kit. If it's not something your comfortable doing you should take it to a shop to be fixed. Fuel line and filter should be replaced while you're at it.

Master Bud II

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with Beaglebriar Ethanol Fuel is Death to Rubber, and it's shelf life in plastic gas cans is approximately 60 Days, in an Airtight Metal container approximately double that, but Barely. If you live in a state that dosen't have Ethanol Free fuel, As I Do Buy Can Fuel, ( YES, it is Stupid Expensive ) But Your Equipment Runs Sooo Much Better you Won't believe it. The Shops test the fuel in equipment that comes in and if it's Old, or ANYTHING Over 10% even by the Slightest amount, The Warranty is Voided.

Tupelo

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I know ethanol is bad, I took the saw apart today, the carb was wet with fuel in both chambers, no torn rubber. Maybe needs a dip in carb clean and new filters. Never tested ethanol % age. 60 days is pretty short shelf life. Does that apply to 2 and 4 strokes .

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't dip clean the carburetor as tiny rubber check valves will be destroyed. It is best to use an Ultrasonic cleaner using only soap and water and then plain water rinse cycle. Use only light air pressure when blow drying.

Last edited:

backhoelover

SERVICE MANUAL MASTER
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
need to pull the high needle and stick a piece of 3/32 fuel line in the high jet needle hole on carb body then cover the high jet feed hole with your finger, put you mouth over the fuel line. you should be able to blow and should seal when you suck a vac on the line. if you can suck back the nozzle either has trash in it or its bad . a mity vac tester makes this easier if you have one just need to adapt the lines.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for the info, I know ethanol is bad, I took the saw apart today, the carb was wet with fuel in both chambers, no torn rubber. Maybe needs a dip in carb clean and new filters. Never tested ethanol % age. 60 days is pretty short shelf life. Does that apply to 2 and 4 strokes .
A carb kit is 5 or 6 dollars, it's worth the investment.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just remember that when setting the metering height on the Walbro WTEA carburetor that you should use the new 500-528 W-tool as old one will cause you to set the lever too low. You can cheat using the old W-tool however by using the metering gasket as a spacer. Will not be perfect but will be very close.

Tupelo

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks I will try all the following when I have the time.