Cliff_G

New OPE Member
Local time
8:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Let me start out by saying I know very little about carburetors.

I recently replaced the carb (Homelite 16100-Z180810-0099) on my Power Stroke pressure washer and it runs but it idles rough, I've watched a few videos here and there as well as searched the forums to figure out how to fix the "surging/hunting" but haven't really found what I was looking for. I'm trying to find out if the screw in the image below is what I need to be using to adjust the idle. Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks!

Homelite_Carb.jpg

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
9:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Surging/hunting sounds like a governor issue. You may have installed the linkage in the wrong spot?? It's always good to take pictures before tear down for reference. Some trial and error may be required to get it adjusted properly.

Cliff_G

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi! thanks for the post.

I did take a pic and put all the rods and springs back in the same place as it was previously, I did notice that the previous carb screw looks a little further out than the new, but I wasn't sure if I should be messing with it. That's what brought me here.

This is my second time replacing the carb the first time the new carb was the wrong part it was missing the hole for the choke rod/plate.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turn the old one all the way in and count the number of turns. That should be the number of turns out that you will set the new one. This should get you in the ballpark. Minor adjustments from there won't hurt anything.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Post some pics of the governor setup and I may be able to talk you through adjusting it if necessary.

Cliff_G

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great! I'll give the minor adjustments a try and if I still have problems, I'll post a pic of the governor setup.

Thanks for your help!