High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Husqvarna 460 No compression

Zfloyd1363

New OPE Member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Bought a new Husqvarna 460 Rancher online after my Stihl was permanently borrowed by someone. Took it out of the box, assembled, added mixed gas and oil and thought I was ready to go. Tried for 2 days to get it to start with no luck. Took it to the local dealer who kept it for a week and come back and told me it had no compression but they would not work on it and charged me $50 to tell me this. So I got back online and to my surprise was told that they would refund my money including shipping but to keep they saw because it had had fuel in it. Well I am pretty good with engine and machinery after being in the generator business for 37 years so I decided to take it apart. Once I got it apart I found that the piston ring was apparently broken during assembly. the ring liked about 3/4" from closing when the ring was compressed. I have a new ring on order so we will see if that fixes it. I had to order the ring online because the local dealer told me they did not do rebuild work and did not keep the parts on hand. Is there not any quality assurance from the factory? Do they test them before final assembly to at least check compression? What good is a local dealer if they do not do warranty repair work?

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna would most likely say "he straight gased it, we're not paying."
Would some images of the piston and cylinder not show he did not straight gas it.
A broken ring should not result in a scored up cylinder like a straight gassed one.
Also, have a look for the broken part, just in case it made it into the bottom, better
to be sure before putting it all back together.

AlexStromberg

Epic gamer
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[
Would some images of the piston and cylinder not show he did not straight gas it.
A broken ring should not result in a scored up cylinder like a straight gassed one.
Also, have a look for the broken part, just in case it made it into the bottom, better
to be sure before putting it all back together.
Idk how waranty work is done overseas but i would send pictures and a explanation.
Husqvarna Sweden is very easy to work with.

But they have the final say either way. Another reason to not order online, they do not test the saws like they have to, to sell Husqvarna.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a good brand, but QC has been lacking for a while. I think @Mastermind did a thread on it a while back. Missing fasteners, etc…

Say what you want, and it is a Chevy vs Ford type of thing, but Stihl has a much better finished product and QC over Husky.

AlexStromberg

Epic gamer
Local time
10:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a good brand, but QC has been lacking for a while. I think @Mastermind did a thread on it a while back. Missing fasteners, etc…

Say what you want, and it is a Chevy vs Ford type of thing, but Stihl has a much better finished product and QC over Husky.
Very different story here.

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Attachments

• Agnetha.jpg
    Agnetha.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

bertfixessome

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The burning question is who did you buy it from on line and via which platform.
A lot of QC rejects that are supposed to go to the metals & plastic recyclers end up on Scamazon & Evilpay .
The fact they offered to do a full refund, no questions asked sort of confirms they knew there were defective from the start.
You would be amazed at the number of people who would just chalk that up to bad luck then go buy another saw from some one else .