HELP! Husky 55 Oil Pump Grooved Pin

Mooselegs

OPE Member
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 1991 Husqvarna 55 Model Chainsaw which I am Rebuilding and was Leaking Oil Profusely from the Pump. I have taken the Pump Apart and Noticed that the Groove Pin Part # 721 12 10 40 was Missing which shows as being 3 x 20 which i am assuming is 3mm Dia.x 20mm OAL. Can i Just Replace this with a Split Roll Pin and can some tell me if this is Just a Locater pin or does it go through the small hole in the Pump and Plunger. Also what grease is used in Pump Plastic Body

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The groove pin is pressed into the crankcase so it would be very hard for it to be missing. The eccentric groove in the pump gear rides on it. If it is truly missing, a roll pin might work for a while but keep the split on the opposite side the gear would ride on.

Your oil leak is likely due to a bad rubber oil seal which surround the end of the pump cylinder.

Mooselegs

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The groove pin is pressed into the crankcase so it would be very hard for it to be missing. The eccentric groove in the pump gear rides on it. If it is truly missing, a roll pin might work for a while but keep the split on the opposite side the gear would ride on.

Your oil leak is likely due to a bad rubber oil seal which surround the end of the pump cylinder.
Thank you for the Information. Looks like i Will have to Purchase a New Pump.

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As I said, my hunch is that your pump is good and all you need are the rubber seals (#501763701, #503101601).

Can I assume you found the pin in the crankcase?

KellyJackson

Need Husky 65L Parts/Saw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I did Find the Pin. Are any of thee Aftermarket Cylinders and Pistons of any Quality

Agrarian

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes I did Find the Pin. Are any of thee Aftermarket Cylinders and Pistons of any Quality
The only aftermarket cylinders and pistons I use are Meteor and Tecomec but I am an aftermarket snob and prefer to use OEM whenever possible, even if used.