Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
3:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah the rakers are a bit high on this one
I always lmao when people comment on the look of a rakers height. My .03, don’t touch them till you run the chain, then adjust to get it to load the saw the way you desire. Small rim can take more bite, if you’re running 8-9+ you’ll [typically] want less.
I filed the chit out of a build-off chain, then tested it a bunch. Ended up sending it without touching the rakers and it did very well!
E6032C03-82FB-4885-AF61-F0995EB26B41.jpeg

ZukiRyder400

Breaker of recoils
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good point. Im gonna be running a 7 on that 562. Ill try to get er done today and do some testing
I always lmao when people comment on the look of a rakers height. My .03, don’t touch them till you run the chain, then adjust to get it to load the saw the way you desire. Small rim can take more bite, if you’re running 8-9+ you’ll [typically] want less.
I filed the chit out of a build-off chain, then tested it a bunch. Ended up sending it without touching the rakers and it did very well!
View attachment 278204

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was one I converted a while ago. I'm still a complete hacka.
5ce7d7a38ccff794d8083ac042511c2a.jpg

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster . . .

Been following the square filed / square ground threads for several years now; here, and on the 'other' site. Received some files and chains to practice with from the (renamed) 'giveway thread' ('Thank You' @skippy and @Mkinslow !) which motivated me to start exploring this more.

Formally subscribing to keep 'afoot' of important posts on the topic: I have not read through the past 252 (!) pages: can anyone summarize them in a couple of sentences (just kidding)?

Thanks for all the input in this thread.

Philbert

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long-time Lurker, First-time Poster . I have not read through the past 252 (!) pages: can anyone summarize them in a couple of sentences ?

Philbert
Sure bud !

1. Don’t post pictures of any cutter unless it’s been filed, don’t ask me how I know this

2. File ick ........ some here don’t like that stuff

3. Top outside corner is most important, inside corner not so much

4. Some beaks are intentionally used, application is key

5. @Homelite410 makes killer chainvices that are sooooo nice to use, just about a requirement, unless you get used to using vice-grips for each cutter

6. Practice makes perfect