How to get rid of "creeping charlie"

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys I have a major issue with creeping charlie in my yard (a little over an acre total yard) and it is starting to take over my wife's flower gardens. Any tips on how to get rid of it? Thanks in advance!

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our garden is a beautiful shade of purple with it as well.
Hey Mike, I did some research online and found that "Triclopyr" is supposed to work well. Found "Crossbow" from Thiessens has it as an ingredient so I sprayed my front yard tonight to see how it works. I will let you know.

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Crossbow is good stuff. I use it for bush honeysuckle primarily, but it's good for most anything. I mix it 4% into diesel fuel and apply with a two gallon sprayer.

Mycamaro_68

By guess and by golly
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't have a measuring cup handy so I just guessed at how heavy to mix it with water. I meant to be a little on the strong side and must have been a wee bit stronger than anticipated. I finished spraying right about 24hrs ago and everything is half dead already and I can still kind of smell it outside too. :confused:

SteveSS

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, I believe crossbow has a 30 day half life so it won't stick around in your land scape for very long. You should be able to go back over with grass seed relatively soon.

But yeah. It does work quick on the smaller, less hearty stuff.