Country flag

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was on the bay today and dukes has full wrap kits back in stock at 50.99 shipped.
Yeah I just seen that I paid less for the two that I got I just order stuff that I need from random people most of the time try to save a buck or two or because there the only ones who have them lol

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this seems odd, but one of my 372s I built this spring, I weighed all of the pieces to get the lightest parts possible. The chinese half wrap was a few grams lighter than the oem half wrap. So on she went. Its running mostly jonsered 2071 parts, with a later 372xp flywheel that has more fins on it and weighs a tiny bit more, but also moves more air and thus more cooling. Its meant to be the lightest ms472 you have ever seen. ha ha.IMG_3723.JPGAlong with a sprinkle of chinesium in the half wrap, starter and fuel tank. By the way if you look at the "Walboro" carb from the "Pro" its says its a hd58, wtf is that anyway.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this seems odd, but one of my 372s I built this spring, I weighed all of the pieces to get the lightest parts possible. The chinese half wrap was a few grams lighter than the oem half wrap. So on she went. Its running mostly jonsered 2071 parts, with a later 372xp flywheel that has more fins on it and weighs a tiny bit more, but also moves more air and thus more cooling. Its meant to be the lightest ms472 you have ever seen. ha ha.View attachment 397812Along with a sprinkle of chinesium in the half wrap, starter and fuel tank. By the way if you look at the "Walboro" carb from the "Pro" its says its a hd58, wtf is that anyway.
Yeah mine didn't come with the clone walbro carb it came with the carb that seems that everyone is having problems with them running to rich on the high side. The clone full rap is pretty light but still strong.

Outback

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah mine didn't come with the clone walbro carb it came with the carb that seems that everyone is having problems with them running to rich on the high side. The clone full rap is pretty light but still strong.
The half wrap is the same, I've had no problem running it. I don't use my saws like a hammer though which might help. You know the guys who do. In the defense of the Chinese, the grey market walboro does tune nicely. The pro I got had an oversized tapped hole in the case for the oil pump causing an air leak that I retapped to 5mm and clearanced the oil pump to fit. I also added an o ring under the oil pump on the side with the larger bolt because the case wasn't machined properly perpendicular to the crank. When I started I had similiar problems because the low and idle had to be turned up enough that it acted that way until I vac/pressure tested it and found the leak. After that it runs perfect. I also put an o ring under the clutch bushing which the Chinese leave out. Too much on the idle screw and low end needle to correct for an air leak makes for some weird tuning.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The half wrap is the same, I've had no problem running it. I don't use my saws like a hammer though which might help. You know the guys who do. In the defense of the Chinese, the grey market walboro does tune nicely. The pro I got had an oversized tapped hole in the case for the oil pump causing an air leak that I retapped to 5mm and clearanced the oil pump to fit. I also added an o ring under the oil pump on the side with the larger bolt because the case wasn't machined properly perpendicular to the crank. When I started I had similiar problems because the low and idle had to be turned up enough that it acted that way until I vac/pressure tested it and found the leak. After that it runs perfect. I also put an o ring under the clutch bushing which the Chinese leave out. Too much on the idle screw and low end needle to correct for an air leak makes for some weird tuning.
Yeah on mine the intake side of the cylinder with base gasket it was hitting the what most people call the car Base that is separates the carb and tank handle it was bad enough the base gasket was leaking and the intake boot clamp was loose and of course the decomp leaked really bad glad they didn't run it very long before they boxed it up and shipped it never mind the intake and exhaust port being ruff all that together made me not run the saw before porting it im still making changes on the ports I'm going to widen the exhaust a little bit more.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to order a new chain brake lever for my 372 I noticed with the clone 365 that my wife got for me it has a much taller brake lever like the 365xt much better than the black one on my clone 372xp here's a pic.