High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

How much bar oil should pump?

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
DCS6421 anyone know how much bar oil should come out with bar off and saw running?
Squirt or slow flow , at high rpm and ideling.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you can find specs on the subject but obviously the faster the saw rpm the more oil gets pumped. But a spray should come off the bar tip when you Rev saw over a round of wood. It won't squirt out, a tank should empty roughly the same time the fuel does.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turn the pump a little under maximum so that You have a little bit oil left once Your 64xx depletes the fuel tank - that's how I have mine set.

The oil will flow with the B&C off, at higher rpm it will flow significantly.
Without the bar on the oil has no resistance exiting the pumps pressure line.

Put bar and chain on, start Your saw and blip her a couple times, turn saw off.
Turn saw upside down and look under the clutch cover (or take it off), the inside surface should be soaked in bar oil.

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
12:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With the oiler adjusted to the high flow setting, with the bar off and idling it'll run out nearly as fast as revving it. The drum gets to spinning pretty fast without the chain on there for resistance to stop it.
Adjust to the lowest setting and it should slow the flow considerably.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always set my saws at max if possible. Bars/chains last longer especially cutting dirty or hard wood. I sometimes see people cutting with a saw lugging it pushing too hard too....your not cutting more wood and the bar gets less oil. Feeding it in smoothly and running it within it’s “powerband” is proper technique. Sharp chain...make sure bar grooves/oiler holes are clean so oil can flow properly. Common sense stuff.

Last edited:

Fresch

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks, for moving this to the proper location, thought I started it correctly.
Waiting on a new bar, so was cleaning it up and never have run a saw without the bar on it; on idle it flows like a bad cut, burping it twice didn't increase out flow and screw is turned all the way to full. It's a HD I just picked up for $320us.
When I get the new bar I'll see what happens.
Then buy parts, where do most of you buy from; any OPE site supporters, I see a flashing sign upper right?