How are the Asian 660s holding up???

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
10:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all the talk of the wrist pin bearings going bad makes me wonder if there was or were bad batches or just situational. Either way the more I use it the more I start thinking about it so that’s reason enough to change them out I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottlefed

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah the FT bearings are like a buck or something. When you think about the size of the bearing, even though there is little rotation the fact that it sees the full compressive load as well as the full tension load any time it misfires its no wonder you need a quality bearing to keep the pins from getting squashed.

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
87A33693-50FB-45BD-B6BE-55EBC93D56CE.jpeg 5F0630DA-6E8B-4DC5-82F7-C54F4514D5B7.jpeg 09A4A87F-70C7-4A07-B64B-B8EEC00349B1.jpeg I’ve had mine for about a year and it’s seen some hard cutting, probably over 30 tanks. I took the cylinder off and seen the big end rod journal was blued.... I think I dodged a bullet.
Now can anyone suggest a replacement crank??? Are they new style??

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t remember any bluing on assembly. The rod was stuck on the clutch side of the journel almost agents the crank weight. I used a screw driver to see if I could move it...I could and I could see a line in the cage by the end of the bearings. I could not feel any movement in the rod in or out and side to side was a little sticky feeling. ( it didn’t want to slide smoothly from weight to weight.

waitingoneden

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering your saw kits these days. Last time I was geared to to order one hutzl was around 30-60 days out on delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t remember any bluing on assembly. The rod was stuck on the clutch side of the journel almost agents the crank weight. I used a screw driver to see if I could move it...I could and I could see a line in the cage by the end of the bearings. I could not feel any movement in the rod in or out and side to side was a little sticky feeling. ( it didn’t want to slide smoothly from weight to weight.
Sounds like it was fubarred from the beginning with that extra friction in there.

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
2:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Built and tested doing some pretty hard milling. Hasn’t missed a beat.

Changed a few things to oem, mainly rubber parts. Have also used a Hyway big bore which I’m impressed no end with.

Had to freehand split the oak as the churchyard would not allow me to set up for the day.

IMG_5830.JPGIMG_5735.JPG

RedGas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Where are you guys ordering your saw kits these days. Last time I was geared to to order one hutzl was around 30-60 days out on delivery.

FWIW, I ordered a 361 kit from Huztl/FT that's due here mid-week next week, which would make it 20 days.
Kit came thru Port of NY which seems like the long way around, maybe that's why shipping was $80.

Last edited:

J_M____

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
HL Supply, shipping is much cheaper and faster.

When huztl has a sale it can be cheaper including shipping. The China post for little stuff is usually 14 days. Last time I put in a larger order that was shipped dhl got here in 3 days! I ordered on a Saturday and was on my doorstep on Tuesday. Ordered from hl supply that same saturday(an hour before) and didn’t get it until Friday.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The blue ms660 that I ported and put some oem goodies is still running strong and I'm going to be building a ms660 here after the holidays I've got a crankshaft coming because the one that came in the kit is not so good I cleaned it out the best I could but it still feels like gravel is being used for the mane rod bearing but no biggie this saw will be a little tamer than the last kit I put together and I'll be putting another ms440 witch will also be a little bit tamer to buuut they will still get a little bit of port work to them. Lol

Poleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious what crank you replaced the gravely one with. I had to replace one in a year old Hutzl 660 that I caught by luck before it did any damage.
My saw wasn’t babied and was used hard during its year of life. It was ported and very strong and ran nothing under a 32 bar.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious what crank you replaced the gravely one with. I had to replace one in a year old Hutzl 660 that I caught by luck before it did any damage.
My saw wasn’t babied and was used hard during its year of life. It was ported and very strong and ran nothing under a 32 bar.
With another farmertec one but next kit I build is getting a better one.