High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

How are the Asian 660s holding up???

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
There are a lot of people who use a smaller saw(s) the vast majority of the time, but want something that can pull a bigger bar now + then. The low cost of these saws are very attractive to someone in that situation. (Who would not otherwise buy a saw that large).

I had both my Asian twins sold before I started building them, but I'm just building them for fun, not charging for my labor. (they go to friends or relatives).

Post the details of what you have and what you want, and you may be able to move them. I may still know others who want one.
I might do that. Last it was ran was at the tn gtg. There's also a build thread for it.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I might do that. Last it was ran was at the tn gtg. There's also a build thread for it.

Did not re read the whole thread, but I really like your bridge ports, and the saw seems to run real nice!

What do you think of it?

Also, did you leave the intake at 84?

A lot of the Cross cylinders seem to be about there, and they (IMO) suck the fuel!

t4driller

Daddy Day Care
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Did not re read the whole thread, but I really like your bridge ports, and the saw seems to run real nice!

What do you think of it?

Also, did you leave the intake at 84?

A lot of the Cross cylinders seem to be about there, and they (IMO) suck the fuel!
Thanks, i honestly liked it. I just don't have any need for it with a couple other sawa in the same class. It did suck alot of fuel. I ended up putting epoxy in the intake. I think it's at 79 without looking at my notes. Not as bad on fuel now. The pc I got was nice, unlike some others. I can't remember exactly what place it came in in the buildoff. It was ran in class 2 and 3. Only difference they made for class 3 was the air filter. No race chain on it.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I see these are on sale again. What’s the reason they say not to build a saw out of it? Keep the people that don’t know about saws from complaining if they’re missing a part or have a bad piece in kit?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Likely cause Gov regs don't let them sell a saw that does not meet emissions.

Who would want to build a saw out of them anyway?

Attachments

• IMG_20171229_160129692.jpg
    IMG_20171229_160129692.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 76

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Use OEM piston pin clips, OEM piston pin bearing, get an O ring for the fuel cap, and be prepared to fiddle with the chain adjuster (and a few other things).

I also like em much better with the Cross P+C.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure who posted to shim the chain adjustment axle to eliminate the play, but whoever did THANKS!!!

This trick makes em so much smoother it is not funny!

I've been using the foil from my bar oil jug, seems to work real well. Just cut it about 1/16" wide and put the axle down on top of it, trim with razor knife!

Fixed Twin #2 that way today, night + day difference, no more "jamming".