Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No idea why a logging outfit that’s out to make money would take a chance at the mediocre at best quality of a china kit saw. But to each there own, the people I fix saw for that truly want to make money won’t even accept any aftermarket parts accept the meteor piston with cabers I use on occasion.
I have an idea why he does his own saw work.
And he runs stihl so he bought a copy of a stihl
He already runs for cheap
And it's still doing what he bought it for.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
China can make a saw almost identical in quality to OEM if they wanted too & were paid enough to do it. I admire you guys who get a million Chinese parts and end up with a functioning saw. Last week a clutch drum arrived....its out of round so it won't let the saws idle...some sprockets arrived and they sent the wrong spline size, it seems 'if' they actually send what you ordered, then you have a 50/50 as to whether the part will work. I'll some how make the clutch drum work by sanding down the runout area, but I'd hate to deal with a box full of their parts in a saw kit. I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a stick. If I get a China saw it will be a assembled blue 660, they seem to sort of work.when you put fuel in them & pull the string.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an idea why he does his own saw work.
And he runs stihl so he bought a copy of a stihl
He already runs for cheap
And it's still doing what he bought it for.
I’m not saying they can’t or won’t run but if I got one good one but then ordered 7 more a 3 out of the 7 made it past 6 months without blowing I’m at 50/50 and down on saws and production. To me quality control isn’t good enough yet.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
China can make a saw almost identical in quality to OEM if they wanted too & were paid enough to do it. I admire you guys who get a million Chinese parts and end up with a functioning saw. Last week a clutch drum arrived....its out of round so it won't let the saws idle...some sprockets arrived and they sent the wrong spline size, it seems 'if' they actually send what you ordered, then you have a 50/50 as to whether the part will work. I'll some how make the clutch drum work by sanding down the runout area, but I'd hate to deal with a box full of their parts in a saw kit. I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a stick. If I get a China saw it will be a assembled blue 660, they seem to sort of work when you put fuel in them & pull the string.

Your problem there in Oz is cost and shipping costs.
We get cheap stuff cheap here in the States. Bent drums get sailed into the woods. *f-word fixing *s-word parts. 1 in 5 have some problem I see. 12yr olds are not big on quality control. China makes good casting most times... they rarely finish OE anything. Zama carbs are probably in the high end tool makers district or something. Most of the world wants what they make so they keep making it. They make high quality stuff... you'll just never see it. Everyone is keeping most of their best stuff. One billion plus people... small space. That is no accident. Every saw I sell with any parts other than OE gets noted.

End of story
Have a Nice Day :asz:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Granted I'm guilty of using AM parts but only the parts that that I know are good and will work I've gotten a few parts that I just shake my head and go what the *f-word but also have gotten parts that were just as good as OEM hell I've bought OEM parts that I had to return because they were junk but that's pretty rare.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did all I can to mine with a Dremel. Timing advance too. BB kit as well. Runs great.
Does the timing advance make them easier to start? Mine takes about 10 pulls to start most of the time. It runs good when you finally get it running.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Actually probably won’t change much except make it kick back on you if you add to much. I have a Stihl 066 round top with about 1/2 the key cut for advance. It gained some power but it will straighten your fingers if you don’t pull like you mean it.

Last edited:

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the timing advance make them easier to start? Mine takes about 10 pulls to start most of the time. It runs good when you finally get it running.

What brand of plug are you running and did you use a Walbro rebuild kit in the carb all the farmertec Saw's that I have built they start three four pulls after sitting for months and one pole hot. Unless you're dumping you're fuel out after using it then I could see it taking a few more poles to get it going.

Last edited:

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What brand of plug are you running and did you use a Walbro rebuild kit in the carb all the farmertec Saw's that I have built they start three four pulls after sitting for months and one pole hot. Unless you're dumping you're fuel out after using it then I could see it taking a few more poles to get it going.
NGK plug. Farmertec carb. Fuel stays in. Does your fast idle work? Mine don't.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember something about people needing to rework the master switch. Might be your choke isn’t coming on all the way since the fast idle doesn’t work.
The choke closes all the way. It's when you click it up one notch to fast idle, it won't stay there and goes straight to run. I replaced the master switch lever and trigger with OEM Stihl, and it still doesn't work.

JTV10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a thread on here where you can download the 3d printer code to make a spacer to fix the high idle issue.

The 660 I built the high idle didn't work as well until I printed the spacer and installed it.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a thread on here where you can download the 3d printer code to make a spacer to fix the high idle issue.

The 660 I built the high idle didn't work as well until I printed the spacer and installed it.
I don't have a 3d printer.

JTV10

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My public library will 3d print if you bring the code. After this safer at home crap passes maybe you could get it printed at one close to you.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My public library will 3d print if you bring the code. After this safer at home crap passes maybe you could get it printed at one close to you.
I don't think our library has one but I will check. Thanks for the idea. Where would you suggest looking for the code.

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

No. The timing advance is fir a bit more power. 2 pulls in choke and a third pull on high idle and it starts right up. I did put the .74 jet in it. That really woke it up.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
NGK plug. Farmertec carb. Fuel stays in. Does your fast idle work? Mine don't.

No fast idle with the farmertec trigger and control lever on the 660s I've always put OEM Stihl lever and triggers in them there cheap and work great afterwards.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No fast idle with the farmertec trigger and control lever on the 660s I've always put OEM Stihl lever and triggers in them there cheap and work great afterwards.
I did put the OEM Stihl lever and trigger in it but it didn't change anything. It wasn't that cheap. I had to get Ace hardware to order it. $22 for both.