HIPA carbs any good?

Sawyer94

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I recently couldn’t justify spending the 80$+ shipping on a carb for a strong trimmer I’m working on and picked up one of these instead. HIPA came with fuel lines filters gaskets and air filters. Extra primer bulbs and it seems to be performing good.

I guess my reason behind posting this is to see if anyone have any long term experiences with these carbs? And if so what their experiences are?

Thanks

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never used one but some of the Zama carbs are made in China. I just hate buying anything made in China. I'm glad it's working for you though.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Not long term, but today I put a china carb on a FS45 trimmer. Needed a slight richening up and idle tweak. Ran for near an hour using said trimmer and it was very stable. I'd believe that using non-e fuel extends their life. A good oil never hurts either. NOT to become a oil thread...

blknblu

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At least with HIPA, they seem to be a slightly better quality than the usual Chinese made carburetors.
So far no issues with the ones in my Stihl's. I see they have a store now, offering free shipping, and the carbs are on sale now.

I just noticed their about us page. makes a good read.
It seems they are located in the U.S., even though their stuff is imported.