• Honda hp2

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
7:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thought I remembered stump seeing this too.

=Stumpys Customs I bout forgot to post the pics of how the P&C looked after two gallons of Klotz Super Techniplate @ 32:1. I won't be useing Klotz Super any more.

100_1906.jpg

100_1901.jpg

100_1902.jpg

100_1903.jpg

Another one of the saw without the tank.

100_1892.jpg

100_1901.jpg

100_1903.jpg

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its not tuning it was out of a 562xp. My 550 was starting to do this too but not nearly as bad.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I've never messed with a autotune but does autotune mean it's perfectly tuned all the time?

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yeah but shouldnt below the rings.sticking,worn or non seated rings cause that.along with bad oil or gas cooking onto the piston sides.
Rings stuck by continually "rich" oil mixes, or non burning oil?

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yeah but shouldnt below the rings.sticking,worn or non seated rings cause that.along with bad oil or gas cooking onto the piston sides.
of course the piston above isn't exactly carbon.more like sticky gum.just on the verge of carbon.that ring land looks bad.did the ring come out in one piece?

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
My saw was a ported 7901 with pop up and new piston and rings. Heck it was a new saw. Tuned perfect with new fuel 93 and 32/1. Long extended cuts is when I noticed the super doing the crap shown.

Original has never done any crap like that shown on my saws. ;)

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
32:1 is to much oil for klotz the burn up,40:1 is still plenty I'm thinking of trying 50:1.

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rings stuck by continually "rich" oil mixes, or non burning oil?
rich and non burning oil goes hand in hand.too many variables going on there.
#1 too rich either in ratio or tune.
#2 gas octane and bad oil.
#3 worn rings
#4 stopped up air filter
what we have learned in this thread
too much oil or too rich on the high speed washes the piston resulting in no carbon or gum build up
what we all know is too lean of tune or mix results in a scored piston or rings.
too much oil will lean the tune.
lean on the oil mix (too much oil) won't necessarily cause scoring.but could cause cooking of oil on surfaces
in the situation of the piston that looks like that......... my situation at least bad gas continually ran thru the saw.so bad that its on the verge of turning into varnish.varnish or super thick gas mix will still burn but turn into gum on the piston,transfers and actually coat the crankcase.last one i fixed i constantly soaked the bottom end in seafoam for a week.

Agent Orange

Stihl trying
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
rich and non burning oil goes hand in hand.too many variables going on there.
#1 too rich either in ratio or tune.
#2 gas octane and bad oil.
#3 worn rings
#4 stopped up air filter
what we have learned in this thread
too much oil or too rich on the high speed washes the piston resulting in no carbon or gum build up
what we all know is too lean of tune or mix results in a scored piston or rings.
too much oil will lean the tune.
lean on the oil mix (too much oil) won't necessarily cause scoring.but could cause cooking of oil on surfaces
in the situation of the piston that looks like that......... my situation at least bad gas continually ran thru the saw.so bad that its on the verge of turning into varnish.varnish or super thick gas mix will still burn but turn into gum on the piston,transfers and actually coat the crankcase.last one i fixed i constantly soaked the bottom end in seafoam for a week.
Thanks.I think I'm starting to smell what you're steppin in.

So running 50:1 is technically lean, not factoring in any carb adjustments? I know my bikes run fat and I smell like exhaust after a ride, similar to smelling like 2 stroke after I cut.