Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
12:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I know a seller well enough or they at least have a good longstanding rep here, I generally use f&f as the default.
Guess I've been lucky so far...

I use F&F and G&S. I leave it totally up to the folks purchasing, but I request it be on their dime, as I'm up to me eyeballs in costs and fees already when I ship internationally. Lol.

#thievesgivemegas

I have NO problem using F&F with “active forum members”. If you don’t know them, don’t deal with them with F&F. In time, it’s easy to see who is who around here. If you don’t have time because you are new, then guard yourself and be alert, there are wolfs in sheeps clothing everywhere.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Only if using goods and services.
Thanks Mastermind.

Yep, that's why they have all the fees. They maintain a huge fund to pay for potential losses and they even budget for a percentage of their gross revenue
to account for losses, like Walmart does for shoplifting. I read article a couple years ago about a former NFL player that scammed people on some art purchases
to the tune of $400k through Paypal and they had to cover it up until the guy was criminally charged and fined in court. Even then they weren't able to
recover all of the funds but the buyers got their money back.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have NO problem using F&F with “active forum members”. If you don’t know them, don’t deal with them with F&F. In time, it’s easy to see who is who around here. If you don’t have time because you are new, then guard yourself and be alert, there are wolfs in sheeps clothing everywhere.

I've had nothing but good deals with forum members here. I've encountered more problems with places like eBay. People intentionally try to rip you off.

I paid for a digital maintenance manual for one of my cars. It was apparent they sent me the wrong one and would not admit it was for a different car.

I filed a claim with PP and was denied because I didn't provide a tracking for the returned item...it was digital. How can I get a tracking number for a download?

No matter how much I tried to make my point, they weren't having it. So, in some cases PP isn't guaranteed to protect you. Best to always look at the feedback too.

BonScott46

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have also had many more issues with ebay than here. Would also like to add that 3% does not cover the fees when I go through Paypal. Bought something off of Dan today F&F and the fees were 7.5%.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im not very active here mych anymore, but its always best to kick the tires on the seller , if the seller was active selling saws and such im sure other members know them . And they can guide you in the right direction. Another good way is to just ask the forum users ! Lots of really good folks on here !!! Just like family!!

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
In time, it’s easy to see who is who around her

Im not very active here mych anymore, but its always best to kick the tires on the seller , if the seller was active selling saws and such im sure other members know them . And they can guide you in the right direction. Another good way is to just ask the forum users ! Lots of really good folks on here !!! Just like family!!

Not really singling you two fellas out but your comments bring up a good point. It's always good to vet a seller for sure. However, the most recent rip-off was carried out by a member who had several positive transactions and happy customers. Strapon, Terry Landrum, and Chainsaw Jim were all trusted sellers at one time. Until they weren't... You never really can tell when someone is going to burn all their bridges.

I personally won't use PayPal f&f moving forward unless the sailor is a good friend. It's not a guaranteed parachute but its better than nothing.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You never really can tell when someone is going to burn all their bridges.

That's why I bought up that this Jordan guy may have had a run of really bad luck. Lost his job or worse maybe. Who really knows? Don't get me wrong....there's no excuse for ripping anyone off. I just gotta wonder WTF happened?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
That's why I bought up that this Jordan guy may have had a run of really bad luck. Lost his job or worse maybe. Who really knows? Don't get me wrong....there's no excuse for ripping anyone off. I just gotta wonder WTF happened?
I'd really like to know what's going on as well. Tbh the complete lack of remorse Mike got when Jordan did finally deign get back with him makes it hard to imagine a scenario that would justify a second chance.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd really like to know what's going on as well. Tbh the complete lack of remorse Mike got when Jordan did finally deign get back with him makes it hard to imagine a scenario that would justify a second chance.

Oh yeah......that text message was just way wrong. Second chance? Oh no....

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agree... and I'm a second chance kinda guy

I'm not. I'm a firm believer that once someone shows you who they are....believe them.

I'm also not a fan of adding insult to injury. Which is why I don't wanna see anyone sending the guy boxes of chit.

We have no idea where it all went wrong for this guy.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s obvious to me that you two jackrabbits know more than I do about what you’re talking about with this Jordan fella, but that really just proves my two points.

1. Don’t deal F&F with someone that you don’t know

2. There’s wolves in sheep’s clothing everywhere

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s obvious to me that you two jackrabbits know more than I do about what you’re talking about with this Jordan fella, but that really just proves my two points.

1. Don’t deal F&F with someone that you don’t know

2. There’s wolves in sheep’s clothing everywhere

We have a moderator's conversation.....we've talked more about this there. We've seen some screenshots of text messages this cat sent to Mike. Nothing good.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
5ca4584ddece3147b9a382d85a132f22.jpg