High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

STIHL Helped Out My Brother

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So, a couple of days ago, I decided to let my brother have my Stihl 038 Super. He had taken his two saw that he had over to one of his friends, who is a small engine mechanic.....apparently he has been waiting on the two saws to get fixed and they haven't come back....well over 4 to 6 months.

I hope he uses it well. I got the thing running perfectly. Kind of apprehensive about doing it, but he needed one.

Spladle160

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Always, Always, Always send your own fuel and go over operation prior to turning it loose unless you have personally run saws with them and know they know they're stuff. unfortunately two non running saws is not a great sign to start with.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't do it very often and then if only to somebody I trust with them .On one occasion it was a bud of mine who experienced a theft of his saws and he was in dire straights because he was a tree trimmer .
Funny thing was many came from him in the first place as he upgraded but needed some attention .He commented they had never ran as good when he owned them .I just smiled and said ---Told you --:)

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shoot i can list 4 that never came home. They are all friends that I know wld do the same for me. I loaned the local town barber my 046 Mag. He wanted to cut firewood for him and his dad and had no income coming in because he wasnt allowed to cut hairs. I will see it again and we did go over the fuel mix, twice or 3 times. He is very appreciative which is all I need.

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Remember, he's still gonna be your brother, no matter what kinda shape the saw comes back to you in... Can always find another "saw".... And we can help you ---it's a saw....can't find too many other brothers...
Always helped him out....he's just hard on stuff. I showed him how to use it and start it, but I know he's going to do his own thing....

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Always, Always, Always send your own fuel and go over operation prior to turning it loose unless you have personally run saws with them and know they know they're stuff. unfortunately two non running saws is not a great sign to start with.
One of them is a Poulan that isn't all that great and an old Olympik that my Dad had.....both of them were junk to begin with....I think the Poulan had a recoil issue and the Olympik….Well...it's just small cheap saw.

Last edited:

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
He was impressed with the way it was running, gave him bar oil and a one gallon can. He said he had the Stihl mix. I told him mix it so it's 50:1 or he would run into issues. And to use Non-Ethanol. Told him to get a couple of the Stihl chains for it, I guess he's going to get some Oregon chains for it....

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
10:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can see your bother being a new member here, and he will blame you for his cad..:rolleyes:

:risas3:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:10 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
038 mags are tuff saws....it'll be fine so long as the scantiest amount of oily stuff is in the fuel.

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we all have the at firewood cutter friend that is wide open throttle from before to after the cut.

Catman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I always send myself with my saw to my family and my friends!

countryhog

BTDT
Local time
4:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of them is a Poulan that isn't all that great and an old Olympik that my Dad had.....both of them were junk to begin with....I think the Poulan had a recoil issue and the Olympik….Well...it's just small cheap saw.
FYI some newer poulans are cheap but olys are not cheap. I have several olympyks. some are small but NONE were cheap. If y’all don’t appreciate it as a professional grade saw you should send it to me. Just sayin

OC455

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
038 mags are tuff saws....it'll be fine so long as the scantiest amount of oily stuff is in the fuel.

Yeah, I didn't send him off with the Mag, just the Super.... :)