Help me out Stihl Bros. MS310

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We will sometime. I have never saw as many in one place.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my 61/268 franken saw pulls like a freight train but it isn't the fastest i got it set up with a 8 pin.
Speed ain't everything to me either. Torque makes me giggle. Speed has its place though, my 357 is fast as hell and I enjoy that too

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It runs but won't stay running down low. Had a ton of spit back through the carb on first fire. Lowered the needle and it helped but still won't tune in down low. Leaning toward crank seals because when I do get it to rev it's not 4 stroking at all. I'll start with a carb kit and lines but at this point I don't wanna run it too much more. Don't wanna damage the P&C

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dem shteels tear down funny. Lol! Impulse line fits very loose. Intake looks new with no cracks, fuel line is good as far as cracks, but it's not sealing the tank at the grommet. Dumps fuel if you flip it upside down so I gotta get a fuel line too. So I'll be ordering a carb kit, impulse and fuel line today.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check that impulse nipple sometimes there not pressed in there very well. And is this an oem or am jug?

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
11:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got these snaps of my current ms390. Found it far easier and less messy to pre-assemble, clean and let the engine assembly dry over night before locating it back into the cradle :) Then cranking those engine bolts down the day after has given a good seal to that base gasket/sealant. Weirdest thing on those is the rear most bar stud locates through to the engine pan?!? On a side note those ms390's are huge in physical size...

Attachments

• IMAG1303.jpg
    IMAG1303.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG1304.jpg
    IMAG1304.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG1307.jpg
    IMAG1307.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG1309.jpg
    IMAG1309.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check that impulse nipple sometimes there not pressed in there very well. And is this an oem or am jug?
Will do. The barb on my cylinder seems too small for the line. Might try wrapping the line with gorilla tape to tighten the fit just to see if it makes a difference. Not sure if it's OEM or AM cylinder. What should I be looking for to differentiate between the two? I'll post a pic of it in a couple hours after I'm done splitting some wood.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got these snaps of my current ms390. Found it far easier and less messy to pre-assemble, clean and let the engine assembly dry over night before locating it back into the cradle :) Then cranking those engine bolts down the day after has given a good seal to that base gasket. Weirdest thing on those is the rear most bar stud locates through to the engine pan?!? On a side note those ms390's are huge in physical size...
Thanks for the tips brother:beer-toast1:

Adamski

Plebus Splederns
Local time
11:59 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What should I be looking for to differentiate between the two?

The one I have has Stihl stamped on the cylinder and pan, But I am pretty sure they are hard to see when assembled with all the cradles plastic around it. Pretty sure OEM Stihl ones are the dark grey seen in my images above, yours seems more like the likes of Hyway/meteor etc? The piston looks nice though ;)