High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Have you ever built a saw for someone.....

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold a few Asian saws to friends for cost. I stand behind them.

One guy burned up two of the 440 Big Bores (I have not lost any in my hands).

Told him I would only "back" the 3rd saw if he ran it on my mix (Saber at 40:1). He has run the crap out of that 3rd saw w/o any problems.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sold a few Asian saws to friends for cost. I stand behind them.

One guy burned up two of the 440 Big Bores (I have not lost any in my hands).

Told him I would only "back" the 3rd saw if he ran it on my mix (Saber at 40:1). He has run the crap out of that 3rd saw w/o any problems.
Thats really hard to control, hopefully he actually uses your oil, but if i know people that are in a bind, they will use what is readily available to them. Sucks too cause his technique might be terrible, too much leverage or too dull a chain.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I look at it a bit differently, and have full confidence he will do what I asked. He is not in business, just cuts lots of fire wood for himself.

Every saw porter I know insists you run better oil and ratio in their ported saws, and all of the Asian clones I built have port work done to them. Plus, I don't think their bearings are quite as good as OEM, and BB kits have heavier (than stock) pistons.

Combine all these factors and it just makes sense to insist they use quality oil at a good ratio.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's really hard to control, hopefully he actually uses your oil, but if i know people that are in a bind, they will use what is readily available to them. Sucks too cause his technique might be terrible, too much leverage or too dull a chain.
+1. I just got a Stihl 290 back that I rebuilt last year. Compression was down to 125 psi, and when I repaired it, the saw had 155 psi. Owner had mounted a 20" bar on it, the chain was dull, and he ran it hot to boot. I just shook my head.

When he started to drive away, I noticed that he was driving a different truck than last year. He said, "Yep, I cracked the other other one up -- totaled it out."