High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Have you ever built a saw for someone.....

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The non-mechanically inclined people seem to be the worst. Usually overeducated or at least think they know it all. And don't know jack. Most problems in OPE come down to the carburetor/fuel. I've gotten several things running for a neighbor, tractor,weed eater, saw ... And they use it one time. Put it away and try to crank it a yr later with bad gas in it. Then blame me.

I've got a few people like that and I make sure a can of trufuel is budgeted in to the repair bill for them.

Loanstar

When I grow up I want to be a "they"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I emphasize that and it leaves with canned fuel in said piece. But some folks are sometimes just ignorant.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend, I call him ham hands straight to his face, he can’t run a 660 8t 3/8 with. 20’ bar! I can run the same set up and it feel great, but he just stuffs and pries! I put a 7t back on and he could still stall it in fur! Oh and as a side note he did completely fry the clutch! I had to cut a relief in the holder to get the old clutch off! I have tried on many occasions that he needs to lighten up on his technique but he is hopeless, even race him in cuts with the same saw, but even losing by several seconds.....it’s all the saws fault! lol

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a friend, I call him ham hands straight to his face, he can’t run a 660 8t 3/8 with. 20’ bar! I can run the same set up and it feel great, but he just stuffs and pries! I put a 7t back on and he could still stall it in fur! Oh and as a side note he did completely fry the clutch! I had to cut a relief in the holder to get the old clutch off! I have tried on many occasions that he needs to lighten up on his technique but he is hopeless, even race him in cuts with the same saw, but even losing by several seconds.....it’s all the saws fault! lol
Just give him a axe or handsaw lol

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Face it, some people could destroy an anvil with a feather .
Agreed. We have the accident-prone type that get themselves into more trouble than you can imagine. I ran a study while in grad achool on accident proneness that I sold to an insurance company. They paid for the research. There are definitely accident prone people out there, and when they get their hands on a chain saw, it can be a small nightmare.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I held back a crucial piece of info. He ownes a small independent tree service. Lol. He obviously is new to the business. Been semi successful in other projects/ business before. High maintenance but a decent guy. Like @Stump Shot said, sometimes we need to educate folks......

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to work with a guy that could "F" up a rock with a rubber hammer....
That is what EVERY person that ever met or worked with him would say.
He sure was 1 of a kind, thankfully!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As general information just because people own a tree service doesn't necessarily mean they know much mechanically .I turned wrenches and repaired saws for two of them .One of which sent his saw chains,two dozen at a time to the saw shop to get ground .His boys could destroy a saw in about 4 months .--He didn't pay them that much---

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Put a new jug and piston on a coworkers 029. He thought just a cap full of 2 cy oil was sufficient for a gal of gas. WTF?! I said, It says ON the bottle “MAKES 1 GALLON”! I really didn’t want to give it back to him, but tried to give him some training in the basics.... he still has all his limbs luckily, but he’s probably running the chain backwards, knowing him...:roto2rie:

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's happened to me plenty. People go to test run the saw I sold them, and they keep stuffing it. I've also had one guy who is really needy calling all the time, has to talk a minimum of 30min and not quite understanding how to operate saws well, but he still cuts firewood for a living.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My poor neighbor has had no luck at all .He loans out a 50 odd cc Makita (Dolmar ) and gets it back with a cracked case .Evidently the guy he loaned it to used a 3/4 " ratchet on it to tighten the bar .Then he buys a used Stihl 290 or 250 for a couple hundred from a dealer and of course it isn't half the saw the Dolmar was .So I find him a crank case from Scott at chainsaw R who shipped it with a worn out crank shaft bearing .I told him to split it and change the crank which he didn't and it blowed out half a needle bearing .It hung it but some how didn't hurt it .I changed the crank out and got it going .
So he's back in business then loans the same guy an old C5 Homelite his dad owned and damned if the guy didn't straight gas it .So I found him another one,freebie .I don't know what he did after that .Some people just have bad luck

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No offense intended to anyone, but when someone tells me that they like that dog eared raker on the Oregon safety chain I think "yup you don't know how to let a saw self feed" . Maybe that would work for your guys who are Boggy Mcboggerson.
The other option is only build them David Bradley gear drives or gear drive Mccullochs after swinging those around all day their arms will be like Bambi legs and they'll let the danm thing cut!

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I keep the farmer next door saws fixed up, he constantly told me that they wouldn't start? He's 81 . I set the low needle so rich It will start if accidentally dropped while holding the starter handle. Took me 2 carb rebuilds to figure out that he didn't have the shoulder strength he did 2 years ago.

Thumper88

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a ported 365 Special that was my go-to saw. I used it for felling and bucking doing residential tree work. Got ready for a new saw and put it up on market place. I offered to let the buyer run it here and he agreed. Then he drop starts it, badly I might add. The saw had a full skip yellow link on a 24” bar with big west coast dogs. He stuffed it and stalls the clutch over and over, using the dogs like a lever. Tells me it feels super weak. I grab the saw and proceed to cut cookies off the oak like it’s a light saber. The guy bought the saw but I still don’t now if he can run it lol.

JBW1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
No offense intended to anyone, but when someone tells me that they like that dog eared raker on the Oregon safety chain I think "yup you don't know how to let a saw self feed" . Maybe that would work for your guys who are Boggy Mcboggerson.
The other option is only build them David Bradley gear drives or gear drive Mccullochs after swinging those around all day their arms will be like Bambi legs and they'll let the danm thing cut!

:roflmao:

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The non-mechanically inclined people seem to be the worst. Usually overeducated or at least think they know it all. And don't know jack. Most problems in OPE come down to the carburetor/fuel. I've gotten several things running for a neighbor, tractor,weed eater, saw ... And they use it one time. Put it away and try to crank it a yr later with bad gas in it. Then blame me.
Wow yes not very grateful are they?
thats when they come crying back to you about fixing something else you can straight up tell them the truth!
“Well i fixed this and that for you last time and you werent happy”
Hopefully you got something out of it.

I went over an old toro 2 stroke commercial lawnmower for my nieghbor last year. Cleaned the carb out and told him there was so much carbon build up its probably on its last legs before a piece breaks off. However it ran worlds better, asked me what I wanted for my work so i told him nothing. He insisted so i said if he came across any old saws i would like it.

one week later wrapped in a bow is a running poulan 3200 branded skilsaw chainsaw!!! What a deal!!