Had to tune saws today.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Freakin’ cold! Had to add a little more fuel on the H today. Back to work tomorrow, so today was the day.
Yep, those 30* temps shifts can sure mess up a tune. When it’s single digit temps my hands shake too bad to guide the screwdriver so I stay inside, I’m a slacker!

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Freakin’ cold! Had to add a little more fuel on the H today. Back to work tomorrow, so today was the day.
I love the autotune saws more and more. Don't get me wrong, lots of special regular carb saws...but it's nice not having to fiddle with them

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut a couple loads of firewood today. Had to richen up both 026 and 038.
I like the idea of auto tune but worry about air leaks. I think the saw would just keep componsating till its too late.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut a couple loads of firewood today. Had to richen up both 026 and 038.
I like the idea of auto tune but worry about air leaks. I think the saw would just keep componsating till its too late.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I’m not that experienced with computerized carbs, but I have seen very few die from an air leak if any. Usually they protect the saw from a lean condition. Not a big fan of computer carbs, but that’s the truth of what I have seen.

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
-1º F this Sunday morning. Maybe retune the saws when it gets above 25º in a day or two. :) I'll be going outside today to get wood for the stove, but that's it.

Last edited:

pwheel

Finis Origine Pendet
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm with Dom, I try to use my computer saws anytime there is a big elevation or temp change.

I hate trying to use the little screwdriver when it is freezing cold out.
Computer carbs seem to be better for a number of reasons, the main one for me is there's one less thing to keep track of when trying to focus on the work. No complaints about my saws though; just another maintenance item to plan around.