Got what I paid for husky 350

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I need to take .02 off cylinder base and see where I'm at. Best I can tell right now is 103, 123, 70. .04. It's hard to repeat numbers as lighting and wheel replacement changes along with my technique. ? Is 70 too low? I'm thinking it will be close to 104, 124(or less), and what ever is recommended intake. Is 20 degrees blowdown ok? I could go .04 off base and use a gkt too.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with this statement, but we know what happens when assumptions are made. There are so many places in a Husky three series clamshell sandwich for a leak to occur I highly recommend doing a pressure and vacuum check after assembly, even if you go scorched earth cleaning, replacing, and re-sealing the sandwich.
+1 on sealing the riser to the cradle.
I used Motoseal the first time. It cant handle the flex, so Dirko HT grey last time and all good so far.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I went with a 353 flat top Meteor piston and did a muffler mod on it initially.
That was a noticeable improvement.

Then I had a former member here offer to port and ship me a cylinder. I sent him old one that was still in excellent shape and a 261 that was mint except for being straight-gassed.

That cylinder had been machined down ,040" and then the transfers raised in addition to porting.
Transfers were taken up so much that he had to JB weld the cylinder above the transfer covers.
Not sure about the numbers, I just remember blowdown being 21 degrees.

I bumped the timing about 5 degrees.
After that, it was a totally different little animal.
The stock carb wouldnt give it enough fuel, so it got a 357 intake boot and carb.
All good now.
Light, fast, and plenty of torque.

I'm amazed at what can be done with a cheapo big box saw.