Country flag

XP for Life

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks good Ryan. I need to do something similar, can’t haul a big saw on my winch because the bigger power head will hit the ROPS if I lift it too high.

And might I had how nice that 365 looks on your bota :headbang:

I was going to say the same thing on the 365 sidearm on the Bota. Looks like a nice home for it. Liked the idea on the wedges also. I am inspired....

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks guys. The Kubota has faded to match the old husky pretty good. :)

This project was also a long time coming, but I finally put up a shed for my firewood (and everything else) tractor. Hopefully this will slow the paint fade!
IMG_20191119_121926071_HDR.jpg

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

This project was also a long time coming, but I finally put up a shed for my firewood (and everything else) tractor. Hopefully this will slow the paint fade!
View attachment 217780
You’re good to go now, nice looking building. It’s so nice to keep things under cover. Prevents a lot of issues from developing

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What was the deciding factor to go with a long bottom rather than a short bottom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The short bottom seems better for raking roots, but I have a very heavy duty Gannon box blade with hydraulic rippers for that duty. I figured the longer one might actually work to scoop firewood, be it rounds or splits, and rocks, etc. Hoping it's a little bit more versatile I guess. BUT other than a few hours on a skid loader with a monster grapple I have no experience with either design.

Which kind do you prefer?

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The short bottom seems better for raking roots, but I have a very heavy duty Gannon box blade with hydraulic rippers for that duty. I figured the longer one might actually work to scoop firewood, be it rounds or splits, and rocks, etc. Hoping it's a little bit more versatile I guess. BUT other than a few hours on a skid loader with a monster grapple I have no experience with either design.

Which kind do you prefer?

I’ve got a long bottom like yours in a Solesbee’s.

I think the short bottom is better suited for our tractors than skid steers but that’s going off others’ testimonials.

With the short bottom single lid you can back rake with the top lid.

Also, the grapple is already in position to rake with the bottom as a conventional rake.

I find myself raking with the bottom a lot on my Solesbee’s & I believe the EA wicked short bottom would be better suited for my M7060.

c1e601abb65a8132a1d044200439e753.jpg

94BULLITT

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
A root grapple does not work that well for rounds or splits. Sometimes you might get a good scoop of rounds and other times you may only get one or two. The same goes for splits. You may get a decent load of splits and other time you won't get much. Also with the 6 or 7'' tine spacing of a root grapple, small rounds or splits will fall through. If you want something to handle rounds or splits, get a skeleton bucket.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve got a long bottom like yours in a Solesbee’s.

I think the short bottom is better suited for our tractors than skid steers but that’s going off others’ testimonials.

With the short bottom single lid you can back rake with the top lid.

Also, the grapple is already in position to rake with the bottom as a conventional rake.

I find myself raking with the bottom a lot on my Solesbee’s & I believe the EA wicked short bottom would be better suited for my M7060.

c1e601abb65a8132a1d044200439e753.jpg

I really would have liked the opportunity to try a single lid root rake grapple and the longer bottom style before buying, but I don't know anyone around here who has a rake style. I suppose I could have tried a dealership but I don't know how much experimentation they would have allowed. I can see how using the lid to rake would be cool at times. 90% of my use will be logs and brush, so hopefully I'll be happy with this one. After this purchase, I won't be buying any more grapples for a few years at least, so this will have to get the job done. :)

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 217780

a bit late in asking but how’s the barn looking have you got it full now