GoldMember
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That all turned out great.
Which grapple is that.
Be sure to add something to protect the grill/radiator.
I'm going to be listing my little 2920 kubota this week, found a 2620 with only 292 hrs in great condition, the guy even waxed it all the time :D.
View attachment 297279

Mid state attachments in NC.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they have multiple models, or is that the only one. I'll need to make the little 2620 Into a SSQA while I'm at it.

They build more skid steer oriented attachments so that one is called the economy model but it is far from economy! Problem was I wanted a rake grapple but the right weight to cost ratio was hard to find. I really wanted an everything attachments grapple but it was grand more for only I think 50 pounds in weight savings. This one is 68" and weighs just a tad over 500#. It's all made of 3/8" and 1/2" plate. Plenty sturdy.

Quick attach is a must!

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They build more skid steer oriented attachments so that one is called the economy model but it is far from economy! Problem was I wanted a rake grapple but the right weight to cost ratio was hard to find. I really wanted an everything attachments grapple but it was grand more for only I think 50 pounds in weight savings. This one is 68" and weighs just a tad over 500#. It's all made of 3/8" and 1/2" plate. Plenty sturdy.

Quick attach is a must!
Thanks for the info.
That is a lot of $ for the difference.
I was talk with someone who has the everything attachments version this weekend, he's not far from here so I could check it out, but for the $ I'd have to go cheaper too. I should really sell my L3800 and buy a large mini skid, it would be more conducive to doing tree work. If I did that I'd sell the skidding winch on it and get one for the 2620, maybe even one with remote control, now we're spending money lol.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My local TSC now sells Yanmar subcompact tractors so I had to go check 'em out. They look like pretty much the same thing everybody else sells, except I couldn't find a brake pedal? Am I missing something here?

At my parents and remembered to take a picture of the brake pedal on the SA series Yanmars for you!

PXL_20210613_224242365.jpg

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom just bought a New Holland Workmaster 70, I tried it out yesterday. Seems like a nice tractor, I do like the manual PTO lever instead of the dash switch that our MF 2706 has. I also like having actual gauges instead of dummy lights. I have to say, the Fiat engine is definitely louder than the Shibaura of the 2706, and seems kind of weak for being rated at 70 hp. Also, the four wheel drive seems to be turned off and I don't see a lever or switch to engage it?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My mom just bought a New Holland Workmaster 70, I tried it out yesterday. Seems like a nice tractor, I do like the manual PTO lever instead of the dash switch that our MF 2706 has. I also like having actual gauges instead of dummy lights. I have to say, the Fiat engine is definitely louder than the Shibaura of the 2706, and seems kind of weak for being rated at 70 hp. Also, the four wheel drive seems to be turned off and I don't see a lever or switch to engage it?

Got to remember that tractors are rated by engine HP now instead of drawbar or pto HP like we are used to. That tractor has 60 pto HP so that is how I would judge it.

Also it has a small turbo 3. Most older 60 HP tractors had a big NA 4. Lots of grunty torque in those. The little turbo engines now are peaky. Got to run the revs high to attain what the older ones did.

But nevertheless, way to go mom! Congratulations on a new machine!

Where's all the pics Lance?

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They are forthcoming, don't worry! Soon as I saw it for the first time I got voluntold to go do some mowing.

Even though I'm an MF kinda guy it is totally appropriate that she got a New Holland. Mom owns my grandparents' farm, and my grandfather was always a Ford tractor guy. The New Holland came from the same dealer he always shopped at. He had a 1971 2000 when he died, and one of my relatives sold it for scrap value before anyone could protest. Fortunately the buyer was my grandpa's best friend who fixed it up, and his grandson still uses it today.