Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Please share your pictures of your tractors in the woods. Cutting firewood, running splitters, skidding logs, driving buzz saws, making trails, whatever you like.

Here's a couple from this afternoon. Just putzing around with a little trailer picking up some wood that I don't want to get rained on. It's stuff I'll burn in the middle of winter probably. Dead standing ash and a red oak staub from my neighbor's place. They both came down this summer. There's some stuff that needs to sit for a year still, but some real dry stuff.

First a load of the oak:

rps20161003_164705_423.jpg

Then some ash:
rps20161003_164748_865.jpg

This is all wood that I bucked then split in place with my Gransfors Bruks. Some of it I tipped over, lots I split right on its side, swinging the maul like a baseball bat.

That's it for today, but the season's just getting underway. More tractor shots to come.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Picked this off some fence a week ago.

View attachment 36178

I thought that log looked pretty big, then I noticed that the Deere says 7210 on it, which makes that a 12,000# tractor. Yep, big ole log. Nice machine! That reminds me, i need to install some LEDs on my machines for this winter. They would sure be nice when it's dark by 5:00.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
L48. It's just a Google pic. Mine is on the job and I don't have any pics of it yet

Cool, I suppose that's the predecessor to the L45. Kubota made some great machines in that era. Is it hydrostatic?

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought that log looked pretty big, then I noticed that the Deere says 7210 on it, which makes that a 12,000# tractor. Yep, big ole log. Nice machine! That reminds me, i need to install some LEDs on my machines for this winter. They would sure be nice when it's dark by 5:00.

You'll like the led's. I've been slowly making the switch.

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
6:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You bought a hoe. How you going to plot now???

Nice rig, Kubota has came a long ways in the last few years!

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
It's a quick detach hoe. Off in 5 minutes. 3 point arms back on in 15 minutes

jed1124

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had this international since around 1972 it does all the firewood jobs and now it will be doing this job my latest purchase a woodland mills 8" wood chipper View attachment 36182View attachment 36183
How do like that chipper? A friend of mine is talking about getting the same unit. I looked at the brochure and was surprised. Seems like a lot of machine for the money.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like it a lot well designed and built it weighs 1020lbs it's brilliant with that self contained oil reservoir you don't need spool valves anwith four blades on the drum it cuts well and plenty of blow out the spout and you can slow the feed rollers down for bigger wood if you need too put it through
I've only had it 6 weeks but a big thumps up so far

KiwiBro (deleted)

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Been tossing up between the woodmax new hydrostatic and the woodland 8" chippers. The woodmax has a much heavier flywheel but only two knives, which I find a bit odd, but I'm still learning. Hydrostatic seems like an interesting hydraulic drive option that uses bugger-all oil. The woodlands is cheaper. Is it made in USA or China?

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Been tossing up between the woodmax new hydrostatic and the woodland 8" chippers. The woodmax has a much heavier flywheel but only two knives, which I find a bit odd, but I'm still learning. Hydrostatic seems like an interesting hydraulic drive option that uses bugger-all oil. The woodlands is cheaper. Is it made in USA or China?

I think the flywheel is around the 120 pound mark but everything is well laid out easy to get too grease nipples, belt adjusters
and with one feed roller and a bottom free moving roller too match you only have large springs between the two rollers too keep the top roller down
It is made in the USA

I basicly was looking for a powerful compact chipper too fit on the small tractor without it rearing every time you moved it

It will chip big stuff I've tried it but as a rule Any wood over 3" is firewood Iam too tight fisted too put big stuff in the chipper