Firewood tractors

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How do like that chipper? A friend of mine is talking about getting the same unit. I looked at the brochure and was surprised. Seems like a lot of machine for the money.
I like it a lot, I need one myself :D.

I have a Waldon front end loader that works great! Bought a set of forks for it as well. Like the tight turning and minimal impact on the lawn when turning. Can lift a lot as well. Thing is built like a tank.

c602ad799babdd3466488387b9edf7bd.jpg
Nice machine, good thing you have a shed to put it in ;).

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing fancy.1951 Ferguson TO-20 with an M and W big bore kit .Oldie but a goody just like me

Love it! Older brother to the 1955 TO-35 in my avatar. I have no pics of it doing anything tree related, mostly use my trucks for that.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been too busy doing work with it to get any pics, but your right I should take some and get them up. Ill see if I can get a few Thrusday, I've got some work to do. Thanks for the reminder!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm as I type changing the rears on my old Fergie .It's not what you call a piece of cake on probably at least 40 year old tires .One done,one to go . These are 12.4 by 28's .I've done 38's by hand and that really is a chore .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Get yourself a young man there to wrestle those old tires or cut them off with a sawzall.
I'm done with that big old nasty stuff.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got the tires changed .Spent more time at repairing the nearly 70 year rims than I did wrestling the tires off and on . I probably should have bought new rims at about 125 each instead of welding them .
On the other hand stuff like this is not my first rodeo .I've been resurrecting old junk for decades .
Little tip if you ever need to do it .Get something like Aqua water which is a water based gel used to pull wire and cable .It will not harm rubber,it's like industrial strength KY jelly .Slop it on the rim and tire with a paint brush and those tires will slip right on or off .I didn't have any help.Two 36" tire irons ,a bead breaker,dead blow hammer and a tire sledge .--I may be old but I damned sure aren't dead .

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
6:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like a sweet setup Kevin.
I have a little L3800.
I'll try to get a few pictures for you all later.
How well do you like your L3800? A neighbor has one that I might buy with a few attachments, but am not really sure, yet, what it can and can't (more like should and shouldn't) do...

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How well do you like your L3800? A neighbor has one that I might buy with a few attachments, but am not really sure, yet, what it can and can't (more like should and shouldn't) do...

I don't have an L3800, but I considered that model when I was shopping for my Kubota (ended up going one size larger) and I have a little NH that's similar in size to the L3800. They're super handy sized tractors. If you can buy one for a decent price, I'd say go for it. They hold their value extremely well, so you can always sell it if you want to change sizes.

The L3800 has the most HP they offer in that size/weight of tractor, so it's great for PTO tasks like bush hogging or rototilling. They're not real large or heavy tractors. You could look up the specs, but I think the loader capacity is about 1200#. The only reason I went bigger is because I wanted to lift bigger logs than that, and to be able to unload pallets of feed from a semi. But, if you don't mind cutting logs into smaller pieces, and taking more trips, a tractor that size might be perfect. I'd recommend making sure the tires are loaded, and even consider buying/making some wheel weights. Also, when pushing the limits of the loader, make sure you have plenty of weight on the three point for ballast. About 1000# is probably in the neighborhood for that tractor.

Is the one you're considering hydrostatic?