Farmertech 039 cylinder questions

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think when I finish with this batch it will be the last of these turds for me. There are too many better saws out there to work on. These don't seem to get the love they used to out here anymore either.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The main reason I've reduced my activity on them as that I just don't get broken ones anymore. Seems people are keeping them. Used MS290's are advertised for $275 or more around here. Not sure if anyone's paying that but that's what I see in the ads. I sold an MS310 for $300 a couple weeks ago and it was a long time before that since I've sold any saw at all. Don't have much advertised as they haven't been moving around here for about a year. I've got a Husky 55 on CL for $175 and no bites. Doesn't really bother me, it's not money for food, just my hobby. If I sell saws, nice. If I don't sell saws, oh well...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got a 390 cylinder you want to pass on?
See what you get for a replacement. If it's not any good, check back with me. I could probably part with something. I've got lots of 029 cylinders because I never put those back together as a small engine saw.

I do have a non decomp brand new OEM 039 cylinder kit. I haven't used it because it cost more than I'll spend fixing one of those saws. I bought it by accident. (thought I was buying an MS660 cylinder)

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See what you get for a replacement. If it's not any good, check back with me. I could probably part with something. I've got lots of 029 cylinders because I never put those back together as a small engine saw.

I do have a non decomp brand new OEM 039 cylinder kit. I haven't used it because it cost more than I'll spend fixing one of those saws. I bought it by accident. (thought I was buying an MS660 cylinder)
At this point I think an 029 OEM is probably the way to go.
Gimme a few days.
I gotta get with my customer.
He's been waiting 4weeks and now I'm still looking for a top end.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At this point I think an 029 OEM is probably the way to go.
Gimme a few days.
I gotta get with my customer.
He's been waiting 4weeks and now I'm still looking for a top end.

I've got an oem 029 super top end from a saw I converted to an 039. I'm pretty sure it's mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an 029 cylinder w/transfer that I never attempted to clean up. Built a Farmtech 390 on it, used their rings & clips, and the guy that has it is very happy with it.

Also modded the muff and gave it a timing advance.