Everyday day man's tree work and cutting thread

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I work for county roads, I'm a tree cutter, mostly complaints and visibility issues, a lot of down tree issues. If one comes down they send me to size it up, and or clear it. I've also been doing tree work for extra work since age 14. Cut since I was 7, when I fell my first tree. I live in the seaview ranches, king ridge road in CA. As rural and mountains as it comes, 40 acre subdivisions. And we get some weather lots of rain, and big trees down. Were close to the coast, and above the four corners, where the other ranches and roads meet. I have picked up a lot of work here, my neighbours call me when trees come down and block there road, or for removals. They know my phones on 24 hours a day. Headed down through the ranches, to work for my county job the other day. 3 good trees down in a cluster. Two good firs one oak, 4th sip of coffee, 530 am ahh:( hour and a half cutting to get through. I'm just an everyday guy, who's best investment made was a chainsaw, then gaining knowledge of using it, and learning tree work. I'm fortunate I grew up in logging country, of big trees. I learned to keep my ears open, and listen to old timers who survived the woods, and learned much from them . I learned on my own. As well and evolved into the work. Have a mix of applications, dangers and learning curve. I always love the hard ones, and a tricky dismantle, those are the ones you learn from, prove yourself, and make a name for yourself. I'm happy to be here, Norm green.

Last edited:

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Frank and Elim thanks very much. I feel tree work is a never ending learning curve. I go into it open minded, always cautious. And have had near misses and close calls. New guys at work who I help train on a saw, I tell them go into a down tree, likes it's boobie trapped, slow and easy. Randy thanks for the invite, kinda exciting like way old days on an old forum that used to be fun, this one's gonna be great I can feel it.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Having trouble posting pictures any advice?

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Norm glad you are here . enjoy the new forum . it's going rapidly with lots of great people like you .
Thanks buddy, and likewise great people like u:) hey how the check do ya post pics? I can't get mine to upload.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maple take down Saturday. Then soon another job at the coast some dead pines, tall ones they will be fun:)

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my wife her, very own first saw. A husky 435, she already wants another and bigger saw. We just took down a large oak, leaning toward our trailer. Bull roped, and blocked it then pulled it. Nice my wife and I can do tree work together. I'll try to get picks up, but been having a hard time, picture posting wise.

295 tramp

Hillbilly Saws
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I hope one day to go to the PNW and stand next to those Giants.
Just seeing the old timers log those big ones is a marvel in itself

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope one day to go to the PNW and stand next to those Giants.
Just seeing the old timers log those big ones is a marvel in itself
Yes buddy it's a moving, life changing experience. I am fortunate to be born, raised and love among them. It's still just as moving,and exciting it never gets old. One giant not far from me, town of Annapolis. It's called the Macabe tree, it's up the river a ways, in some nice big mountains. You ever get this way,be a pleasure to meet you. Norm

Brush Ape

Direct Connection
Local time
3:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw some College climbing club out there, Norm bunch of kids and botanist.....Those Sequoias only mature seed at a certain elevation at a given time. They go up on ropes and secure seeds to take back to the lab. I was born for something like that. Where was they at the job fair back in 1987? lol

Found it.

Bunch of hippy but this is dang good work. Kids should be doing this instead of video games....

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw some College climbing club out there, Norm bunch of kids and botanist.....Those Sequoias only mature seed at a certain elevation at a given time. They go up on ropes and secure seeds to take back to the lab. I was born for something like that. Where was they at the job fair back in 1987? lol
Awesome buddy, you from CA or lived here?