Resolved Ethanol free gas?

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Non ethanol gas became available in my area several years ago & I have been using it ever since. I have also also added Stabil to the gas when I buy it.
I use it in all of my equipment & I was wondering how long this gas will keep before starting to deteriorate? I have several old walk behind Gravely's and a snow blower that don't get used too often & the gas sits in them for quite some time.

Eduardo K

I like caramel.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think stabil claims two years when added to fuel, but I’m sure there’s some small print with caveats. On its own, I couldn’t tell ya.

flh69

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think stabil claims two years when added to fuel, but I’m sure there’s some small print with caveats. On its own, I couldn’t tell ya.
I did see an article Stabil claims two years. I wonder if that is for gas with ethanol or for non ethanol too?

Jmb6420

OPE Member
Local time
4:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use stabile in non ethanol gas for my machines. I keep a couple of 5 Gallon containers just for the generator. They claim 2 years but I rotate all the gas out at 1 year and refill for the generator.

cescarbrough

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have taken 5 gallon cans and treated them with both stabil, and seafoam. After 4 years it is still safe to mix 50 to 50 or less with new gas and burn in a vehicle.

I have been hearing a lot about a product called Pri - G. It has a historical track record, and it claims to be able to keep gas good indefinitely. It takes a lot less to stabilize the fuel than with the other two methods, and if you treat the fuel once a year you can make it last indefinitely.

These are the claims by Pri-G, however I can find no one, or no website that discredits this information.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The biggest thing in keeping gas fresh is a well sealed container. A metal Jerry can in good condition will keep gas way longer than a plastic gas can.

cescarbrough

Active OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The biggest thing in keeping gas fresh is a well sealed container. A metal Jerry can in good condition will keep gas way longer than a plastic gas can.
You can actually keep gasoline for decades if you can fill a metal Barrel completely to the top and remove all air.

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
2:15 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Non ethanol gas became available in my area several years ago & I have been using it ever since. I have also also added Stabil to the gas when I buy it.
I use it in all of my equipment & I was wondering how long this gas will keep before starting to deteriorate? I have several old walk behind Gravely's and a snow blower that don't get used too often & the gas sits in them for quite some time.
This guy is pretty sharp. There are videos from the beginning of this test.