Gas Stabilizer Worth The Price

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was mowing the lawn, and ran out of premixed fuel. Did a search, and found a jug of some stuff that I mixed 3 years ago. ( I put tags on all my containers with the date it was mixed, and what additives were in the fuel). One of the additives was a stabilizer called PRI-G. So I opened the jug, and took a sniff, and the gas still smelled nice and fresh. I added a little more PRI-G, and threw it in the mower. The mower ran like a champ. Also used it in my weed whacker, and that ran like a crazed woman, too. The PRI-G costs in the 20's for a pint, but it's soooo worth it. It's very concentrated, and you don't use much. A pint has lasted me a couple of years.

BTW, I have no financial interest in the company that makes it, nor do I own stock. But I am a huge fan, and I will always keep a container in my garage. PRI-G

Last edited:

r7000

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i find it cheaper to run the carb out of gas, and then if I am motivated spray some fogging oil in through the drain plug of the carb bowl, since i'm spraying that already into the spark plug hole.

I just don't store gas where any of it goes unused before a year. My 2-stroke i mix in a 110oz truefuel can at 45 ounces at a time.

Bama Raised

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:14 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At one time I used it, but since I switched to ethanol free fuel I don't bother. I have had saws sitting for over a year that fired right up (not recommended) with ethanol free gas. I started up a generator the other day that has fuel around 2 years old in it, ethanol free, but no additives. Started on the 2nd pull to my surprise. I would certainly use an additive if you run fuel with ethanol, if it is going to sit for any amount of time. I will say, it is pretty impressive that the fuel was still good 3 years later. Was it ethanol free?