Walk behind leaf blowers that get wet pine needles off asphalt

Fairways_and_Greens

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in the trees. I have a paved 700’ long driveway and a massive paved turn-around by the house. I have a Stihl BR800, and after the last wind storm it took 2 full tanks of gas to clean off all the wet leaves and pine needles.

I’m thinking of getting a walk behind blower to make it less of a chore. I’ve been looking at the Billy Goat. Are there others to look at? What size would I need to peal wet leaves an pine needles of the asphalt?

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
You forgot the most important part… Budget! You could probably make the largest backpack blower work (the echo 9010 eats the Stihl br800s lunch) for the task but really at that point a gas walk behind is better. If your Stihl blower isn’t up to the task, you’re going to want a walk behind with a minimum of 7hp, 150 mph, and around 1200-1500 cfm. Little wonder would be another one to look at comparable to billy goat. Scag had nice blowers too. Not sure if they still do. If you go much bigger than a 7hp class machine you might want to consider a self propelled unit as they start to get heavy to push on anything but level surfaces. Go to a couple dealers and ask to demo.

If it makes any difference billy goat has been owned by Briggs and strapon for about a decade now and the quality has suffered the same decline as every good brand purchased by them.

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little Wonder is another blower to look at. They have been around for years but like Dirter said, depends on your budget. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I grew up on a park where mowing and leaf collection was 75% of the work. We had 5 Little Wonders. Appropriately named.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Back when I was doing fall cleanups we used a little wonder and blew up everything with br600's and let the little wonder take it away. Then we got a large size self propelled little wonder and it was a game changer, no more back pack blowers necessary for a clean picked up everything yard. It was worth the extra money paid for it with the ease of use and the work it would perform with less man power.

Brad Button

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I live in the trees. I have a paved 700’ long driveway and a massive paved turn-around by the house. I have a Stihl BR800, and after the last wind storm it took 2 full tanks of gas to clean off all the wet leaves and pine needles.

I’m thinking of getting a walk behind blower to make it less of a chore. I’ve been looking at the Billy Goat. Are there others to look at? What size would I need to peal wet leaves an pine needles of the asphalt?
Little Wonder is another good one to look at. https://littlewonder.com/products/blowers/