High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Echo PB-2620

carr27107

New OPE Member
Local time
1:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I just purchased a new Echo 2620 blower a few weeks ago and have run about 3 full cans of fuel through it and it still needs just a little adjustment. Does anyone know the locations of the adjustments on the WYG-14 carb ? I think one is in the very top with a brass plug in it, but not positive. This is my first newer 2 stroke anything where you cant just make a few quick minor adjustments. Thanks for the help.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just purchased a new Echo 2620 blower a few weeks ago and have run about 3 full cans of fuel through it and it still needs just a little adjustment. Does anyone know the locations of the adjustments on the WYG-14 carb ? I think one is in the very top with a brass plug in it, but not positive. This is my first newer 2 stroke anything where you cant just make a few quick minor adjustments. Thanks for the help.

Yup, that one on top is the low needle. The high needle is above the primer bulb also under a plug you have to drill out. If I'm not mistaken it requires a micro "D" tool.

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have an Echo SRM-2620T trimmer with the Walbro WYG-9 carb.To adjust it,you need the number 91159L micro "D" tool.You also need the 2.5mm threaded tool to remove the anti-tamper plug-or do the hot screwdriver trick

carr27107

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have an Echo SRM-2620T trimmer with the Walbro WYG-9 carb.To adjust it,you need the number 91159L micro "D" tool.You also need the 2.5mm threaded tool to remove the anti-tamper plug-or do the hot screwdriver trick
Thank you

carr27107

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
T
Yup, that one on top is the low needle. The high needle is above the primer bulb also under a plug you have to drill out. If I'm not mistaken it requires a micro "D" tool.
Thank you is there a brass plug on top or do you just need the tool?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:16 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
T

Thank you is there a brass plug on top or do you just need the tool?

I believe there is a plug. One I have did not have a plug and the other did. Bought both units new.

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last I knew,I could be wrong,but the Zama carbs are the ones with the brass plug.The Walbro units have a plastic plug that you remove with the threaded tool or the hot screwdriver.I have the 91159L adjustment tool,I didn't buy the cap removal tool because it is essentially a 2.5mm,fine thread screw with a handle on it.I'm not paying $30 for that.

I know at some point I'm going to have to adjust the carb,it's running too rich to suit me.I don't want to drive an hour to the dealer so he can do that-so I bought the tool-I've yet to use it.If I have to,I'll disassemble the carb and remove whatever's in the way to get at the mixture screw if it's not just a plastic plug as I've been told it is.We'll see.

EDIT:Well that's interesting.For an evening project,I went ahead and made a threaded tool to remove the plastic plug.Stuck the tool in the hole expecting to feel it but up against something soft but heard it clank against metal,instead.They test ran my trimmer at the shop before I took it home,I could tell they were adjusting the carb.They never put the plug back in it.Gee,that hurts my feelings.

Last edited:

carr27107

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thank you to all. How do you remove the brass plug? It looks like a roll pin on mine.

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Capture bbsa.JPG I looked at the parts breakdown for your blower,the WYG-14 carb looks to be identical to the WYG-9 on my trimmer.I see no brass plug or anything that looks like a roll pin in the breakdown of the carb.

Are you talking about the low-speed mixture screw or the high?Can you post a photo?

ADDED:I circled the location of the low-speed mixture screw.If there's no plastic plug in it,as you look down on it,yes, it is brass. You should see the tiny micro-D head screw, dead center.Is this what you are referring to as a "roll pin"?

Part number 8 is the high-speed screw.They show it with a slotted head,but it isn't.You may or may not have a plastic plug covering that.

Last edited:

carr27107

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 299266 I looked at the parts breakdown for your blower,the WYG-14 carb looks to be identical to the WYG-9 on my trimmer.I see no brass plug or anything that looks like a roll pin in the breakdown of the carb.

Are you talking about the low-speed mixture screw or the high?Can you post a photo?

ADDED:I circled the location of the low-speed mixture screw.If there's no plastic plug in it,as you look down on it,yes, it is brass. You should see the tiny micro-D head screw, dead center.Is this what you are referring to as a "roll pin"?

Part number 8 is the high-speed screw.They show it with a slotted head,but it isn't.You may or may not have a plastic plug covering that.
Part number 8 in the picture looks like mine. Mine is brass and it looks like a roll pin and it is hard to tell if there is anything inside it, if it is it is as small as paper clip or small wire. The low speed mixture is just as shown with no plug in it.

Mike C.

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can just barely see in the bottom of the hole.I don't know what to say,mine doesn't look like brass.I can tell you it's a SOB to tell when the tool is actually engaged with that screw correctly-it's all by feel.You turn the tool ever so slowly and gently and wait for it drop-very tight fit.

braap

New OPE Member
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a Echo Pb-2620 blower and PAS-2620, same motor and carb. both use the micro D shaped screw. low speed mixture screw is on top by the throttle cable, the high speed mixture screw is just below the primer bulb. mine lacked the "anti-tamper" plug/ black plastic thing that is constantly mentioned online. from what I know, my carb is a WYG-14.

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Has carr27107 been back through?
Hey, I've had internet troubles for well over a year, So I get it if things have been delayed.
that said.
I'm with Mike C about a photo, if possible.
I'm curious to see where they hid that screw #8 at.
Anyone else got this carburetor? and have you had to adjust or work on it?