ECHO CS-7310

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe credits from the bazillion blowers and weedwackers they sell.

No, it is fully emission compliant (there are no credits in Europe, hence no 620 anymore and it is replaced with non-strato 621)

Don’t forget the engines are designed and built by biggest and best Japanese OPE manufacturer, in-house. They knew how to do it when Husqvarna bought Zenoah for strato patents and claimed it is impossible. It was possible then, it is also now (until 2025).
Sure, it takes a lot of voodoo with swirl control in the cylinder to burn everything and keep unburnt remains inside.
Just look at Yamabiko patents for port shapes and even left/right dimension differences for temperature difference compensation...

Of course, most Americans may perceive them as a “B brand” but it is just consumer brand perception which has nothing to do with engine build quality and engineering skills.

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Them darn hydrocarbons....

I assumed the bigger ones would be allowed more emissions.

The split is at 50cc almost everywhere - CARB, EPA and EU. So partly you’re correct - smallest engines (<50cc) are pushed harder than the bigger ones.

Eccentric

Yes, we do have trees in Wyoming.
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, it is fully emission compliant (there are no credits in Europe, hence no 620 anymore and it is replaced with non-strato 621)

Don’t forget the engines are designed and built by biggest and best Japanese OPE manufacturer, in-house. They knew how to do it when Husqvarna bought Zenoah for strato patents and claimed it is impossible. It was possible then, it is also now (until 2025).
Sure, it takes a lot of voodoo with swirl control in the cylinder to burn everything and keep unburnt remains inside.
Just look at Yamabiko patents for port shapes and even left/right dimension differences for temperature difference compensation...

Of course, most Americans may perceive them as a “B brand” but it is just consumer brand perception which has nothing to do with engine build quality and engineering skills.

I wasn't belittling Echo or saying they're a B brand.

kneedeepinsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I can appreciate made in Japan,especially from a society with a base for perfection.

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do the chains feel heavy on this saw...:confundio:

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe the Echo 7310P is the real most overrated saw?
Nope, I saw one turned into a race saw in person, the guy who had it had many very modified/cool toys (Including a West Bend kart engine saw) and he said it was the best stock saw he ran and it only took a little bit of work to make it much, much better.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Nope, I saw one turned into a race saw in person, the guy who had it had many very modified/cool toys (Including a West Bend kart engine saw) and he said it was the best stock saw he ran and it only took a little bit of work to make it much, much better.
Since it was called a killed thread i decided to be an arse.
I've heard plenty good about this saw.