High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Dolmar Factory Upgrade

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I would think Husky would be interested, since they seem to enjoy keeping redundant marques in their pasture.
Husky let others do their R&D for years imo. Stihl was always trying to lead the way but with some failed attempts. Others failed with far more models overall imo. Mac and Poulan were strong in the seventies. Most should have stuck to five or six models and got better with that before expanding the line. Like Sears, Homeslice and Crapsmen did. Back then one part of decent quality fit many more models to keep cost down and millions of units produced.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl or Husqvarna aren’t going to buy it if Makita is going to stop production for free anyway.

But yeah, it’s a shame no one else picked the name up
I can see it now, "Huskihlmar fine chainsaws, made in the good ol' US of A. Our fine saws come with all the sausage I can stuff in 'em!"

Piston Skirt

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stihl or Husqvarna aren’t going to buy it if Makita is going to stop production for free anyway.

But yeah, it’s a shame no one else picked the name up

Well, Makita picked the name several decades ago and it was not making enough to survive as a branch. Why would somebody else repeat the same story if it didn't work for 4,5-billion-dollar-turnover owner?
The only comparable to it is Stihl with almost the same turnover.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We can write volumes about the demise of Dolmar and the thousands of woulda-coulda-shouldas. I'm just going to add this little bit. I think that Makita's decision to sell Dolmar saws with their own name and colors was mostly a mistake. The reason is simple: most people who frequently use chainsaws and other OPE don't associate the Makita name with those products, any more than they would associate Dolmar with cordless drills. The separate Makita branded saws had the effect of splitting the already small dealer network in two, resulting in both brands being even less relevant in the marketplace than Sachs-Dolmar had been. I think that, if Makita was dying to put their name on saws, the best solution would have been to rename the the entire line Makita-Dolmar the same way Sachs had done. That way, there is still a single brand and product line with the names of two very reputable companies on the products. The Makita name appeals to the construction trades, the Dolmar name appeals to forestry and logging. Everybody wins!