DAMN...

Michael Rupley

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When you think of really terrifying words in the English language what comes to mind? For me malignant and metastasized are about as bad as I can realize.
I had a friend that lived in a great community. It was gated and protected and each property was a couple acres or more. This allowed room for wildlife. There were small herds of deer present and my friend liked to watch them and enjoy their interactions. At one time he noticed a small buck with growths hanging from his body. These tumors made him look like a hunter in a Gillie suit. He tried to join the group and interact as others did. This the herd would not allow. They ostracized him. If he didn't get the hint of a cold shoulder then one of the other bucks would stab him with his antlers until he got the hint. He didn't act, look or smell like the group. I suspect this is natures way of keeping the gene pool healthy. Animals are that way. He disappeared in a short time.
We don't like to think of ourselves as Animals, but we are. Remember when you heard that Bob was dying of Cancer? "Oh no" was your response. The next thing said was "well I have to go and see him." Well did you? Maybe just once. He didn't act the same, and with all his hair gone and emaciated he didn't look the same. Those drugs and living in the same room, he didn't smell like our other friends. Yea, one visit was enough. Then at the funeral you told people you were glad you "got to see him" before he passed. Really?
Dignified. Try to tell me about dignity when you have to wear a diaper and a stranger from Hospice changes it for you. Tell me after you have puked into your dinner plate when the whole family is there to visit you. The big "C" does not care about your dignity, nor your comfort. The Doctor says "we can make you comfortable". Have you ever seen anyone with stage five "comfortable?" Well doped up and loony so they don't know "com'er from sic'em" but is that comfortable? Society deludes itself! You ever notice that the Doctor does not really give you enough to make you "eternally comfortable?"
I want to go like Dad and Grandfather. Here now, lucid and alive, and gone in a hour. Maybe we should have something like One Hour Martinizing. Have a Crematory in back. Drop off Grandma and pick up the ashes next day. Well anyway quick is good when it comes to meeting the grim reaper. You still have your dignity.
"We have an experimental treatment that we would like to try" that is medical speak for you have no hope and we have a couple torture treatments that haven't worked on anyone else but maybe it will for you. Maybe it will drain your savings account and make you so miserable that you will be glad when it is over. I've heard people say "I just want this to be over". If they can people go back home the last days. Home is your "place". Comfort from home is the last vestige of hope in your soul. A little sacred peace before meeting the grim reaper.
So maybe this was not the happy message and story you wanted today. If you are reading this and are healthy, hit your knees and give thanks to whichever overseer you believe and celebrate today.....yes just today at least.

oldbitz

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not normally one for swearing on any form of social media but *f-word cancer, and the chemical companies that would rather you spend millions on their poison than seriously pursuing a cure. Sorry but I have lost too many close to me not to have a different view. For your sister I hope she can kick its butt and if not I hope she has the opportunity to go out on her terms and with some degree of dignity.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is what you need to do.

Tell that job you ain't working Saturdays and go be with your sister!!!!!

When my dad was fighting cancer I thought I had more time but I didn't and still to this day have so many questions about life and family members past I wish I would of asked.

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers for your sister, you and family. As a cancer patient myself (mouth cancer from dipping tobacco, I've talked about this some before on here) it really does suck,but I've realized the best thing to help me cope with it some is to talk about it with family, friends, whomever and get it off your shoulders just like you have done. Getting mad isn't gonna help her or you in any way. Other than that brother I'm lost for words. Stay strong for her and help her. Its sad to say but I've not heard from some friends or family members since I told my news back in March of last year, to be honest, that's what hurts the most, really. Be strong for her brother. My family will pray hard for her my friend.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry to hear, Best wishes for your sister. Cancer chit ain't no joke. Hope she beats
this and all ends well for her.