Combustion chamber in the wrong spot??

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don’t think it’s a volume thing as much as a direction thing. Less swoop blowing the charge flat across the piston underneath the remnants of the spent charge once the bore is widened
I have seen where people put an angle in a upper port ? Or just flatten it off at some precision.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whenever someone wants to try one. Sleeves are staying put, and sizes are getting hit. Even better just going a couple mm oversize.
I wouldn't sleeve a 58mm, Hyway makes a plated one for the 395, so you could probably get away with boring and plating an OEM cylinder that starts out with much bigger transfer tunnels than the Hyway.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whats your take on the port volumes being reduced by over boring? I mean ive got some old 10-10 's that are factory over bore (.020 and.030) and the absolutely feel strong.
Not really sure, most all I have done have been these "extra" cylinders +3-4mm is a large jump. So it is hard telling what all is going on.

Like Kevin mention the direction/control isn't as great and some abrupt walls vs nice cast radius.