Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve been wrong before, my wife always tells me that but I don’t think @Duce was defending the IRS. It’s hard to detect sarcasm in the printed format.
I thought he might have been protecting the forum from legal action from not discouraging what the IRS considers, illegal behavior. His sarcasm needs a little work, or my detector could be in need of adjustment.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever stop and think that income tax and nincompoop have a certain rime to them ?All governments ,local, state , federal never run out of creative methods to collect more revenue which is why I classify them as businesses .

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did you ever stop and think that income tax and nincompoop have a certain rime to them ?All governments ,local, state , federal never run out of creative methods to collect more revenue which is why I classify them as businesses .
I don't miss paying state income tax, but you are right, they do rhyme. Just like tax agent and scum sucking maggot seem to go together....lol

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll add this here,,, in the uk , that’s where I live we pay vat ( value added tax) @20%
Now a new car is sold and vat is inc the final price. There are companies that are vat registered. Don’t pay tax they sort of defer it.(tax loss) Anyhow when you want to buy a second hand car/van from a big dealer it’s all plus vat… something stinks like the vat has been paid before on that car/van a few times …as it’s a old car/van
I want a van and can’t afford the “value added tax” the tenth time the vehicle is sold..
Gubberment bullshitty wankers of rules they make …it’s just to suck as much cash out of those who can’t fit in with the “I'm vat registered” and run my own company…etc

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sell and deliver heating fuel
Carbon tax is added per liter,then Goods and services tax is added to the total.
Taxing tax how can we compete?
Do people get the taxes back once they burn all the carbon? This carbon tax makes no sense, as it doesn't change the amount of carbon used, just collects more money, which is used for what? Time for a Boston carbon party!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
10:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You people cannot talk about this, on this forum. Just pay your fair share!

Talk about this all you want. Just try not to drag political tribalism into it. If we try, we can find common ground on practically any subject.

Believe me, I'm as disgusted by these mfers as anyone is.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may choose not to purchase new saws for folks as a service, I don't make anything on it as I'm not a reseller, it's just money in money out, so if it's going to cost me, I don't know that I would be able to continue to do so going forward. I do the same for parts, there's a terrible thought...

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may choose not to purchase new saws for folks as a service, I don't make anything on it as I'm not a reseller, it's just money in money out, so if it's going to cost me, I don't know that I would be able to continue to do so going forward. I do the same for parts, there's a terrible thought...

I've not made my mind up about how I'll handle this after the first of the year.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is it only for transactions greater than $600? Or is I if you do more than $600 worth of transactions? If the former, I know a loophole.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is it only for transactions greater than $600? Or is I if you do more than $600 worth of transactions? If the former, I know a loophole.

Its total transactions for the year. Over 600.00 worth, you will get a 1099. Friends and family transactions are not subject to reporting requirements.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would not trust them at all, bet they will be able to look at whatever they want. Give an inch and take a mile.

I think we are talking about two different things. The changes to PayPal and other electronic services are a done deal. They take effect January 1st.

Proposed changes to our bank accounts are not passed....and face a lot of well deserved opposition.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think we are talking about two different things. The changes to PayPal and other electronic services are a done deal. They take effect January 1st.

Proposed changes to our bank accounts are not passed....and face a lot of well deserved opposition.
Oh, I get it, they want to track all of our accounts. Would not be surprised if we have to fill out paper work to remove money from our accounts, so they can track who money goes to. Know several people that do some of their work under the table, that is what they will be going after.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh, I get it, they want to track all of our accounts. Would not be surprised if we have to fill out paper work to remove money from our accounts, so they can track who money goes to. Know several people that do some of their work under the table, that is what they will be going after.

Pretty much.

Bastards.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its total transactions for the year. Over 600.00 worth, you will get a 1099. Friends and family transactions are not subject to reporting requirements.

I've had several people tell me that Paypal would not allow a F&F payment(I think these were on the large side seems to me) and were forced into G&S to pay.

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've had several people tell me that Paypal would not allow a F&F payment(I think these were on the large side seems to me) and were forced into G&S to pay.

Hmm, I can see where they'll try and make f&f more difficult. Or put some stipulations on it. Annoying. I suppose keep records/receipts of all goods purchased incase of resale. I do anyways because of business but I'm sure a lot of people don't. It's getting old every time I turn around someone has their hand in my pocket. I don't have much faith in the dollar anymore. I just need a few to pay bills. Invest in things that will always have value.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Gambling for money was illegal in Japan in the 80's. You could win prizes though. A pachinko parler in town would let you win ballpoint pens with their name on them. Across the street was a place that loved those pens so much, they would buy them from you. They probably supplied the pachinko parler with pens.

There is always a way.

Currently all withdrawals over 5k the banks are required to fill out a SAR, (suspicious activity report). When I found out about that I began withdrawing my money from my account at a lower amount weekly. Problem is, as they devalue it through inflation, you end up with very little. That's why I am buying stuff that is useful, and holds it's value. Some PM also.

Then that will be the end of PayPal, except for small transactions.