Cigars what you smoking.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess another trouble is I don’t know how many I need. The math frightened me away last time I was looking at em

I use more than it calls for, just because. My foot lockers have 2 trays on top of a big open bottom. So I put a pound in the bottom and the top bags are 1/2 pound a piece. It states on their site how much area they work for, but like Boveda's, if you use more, the longer they'll last and the easier it is for things to even back out after opening your humidor.

I'm a gawker and get in my foot lockers a bit. So, I wanted more than they call for.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am using 1# bags of heartfelt beads in my Clevelanders, they are 300count, I am also using 1# of beads in each of my 48qt coolers & 1/2# in my wooden humidors. The 48qt coolers & Clevelander’s are good for 1-1/2 months year round, my wooden humidors need to be checked about every 3 weeks this time of year but will be good for about 6 weeks during spring/summer.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. The cigar was good and I really like the box press concept. However, my cheap cutter went haywire and tore the cap and then made the wrapper go wonky. So it was a bit of an ordeal making it smoke decent, but I really liked the taste and flavor. That cutter will be getting replaced.
20230131_154906.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I had a Rocky Patel Vintage 1990. The cigar was good and I really like the box press concept. However, my cheap cutter went haywire and tore the cap and then made the wrapper go wonky. So it was a bit of an ordeal making it smoke decent, but I really liked the taste and flavor. That cutter will be getting replaced.
View attachment 363307

I prefer a punch cutter or v-cutter on box press stogies for exactly that reason.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are those what they sound like, just cigars that may not pass initial QC?
I believe so too. I smoke em also. Cigar page be having sales on em pretty regular. They even tell you which one they are.
Overruns are hit and miss but I have had good luck with them if you study the blend. Usually cigar page will at least tell you enough about wrapper or filler origin to get you in the ballpark as to what you’re buying. I’ve took a couple guesses as to which exact cigar they were but never been correct lol.

as an example. If they are described as a closed foot or triple cap. I’ll grab. Usually lanceros are good too. Nobody is gonna roll those type of cigars unless they are top shelf

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I prefer a punch cutter or v-cutter on box press stogies for exactly that reason.

I recently bought a V cutter (another thing the FHC thread turned me onto) and my garage lighter (plus my Jet Line) has a punch cutter on it. I also got a punch cutter, flame adjuster and bleeder tool with one of the lighters I bought. So I guess I need to try that. This is only the third, or fourth box press I've ever had, so I didn't realize it was a thing.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe so, sized wrong, wrong lengths, blemishes on the wrapper, etc. if I read the description right.

I believe so too. I smoke em also. Cigar page be having sales on em pretty regular. They even tell you which one they are.
Overruns are hit and miss but I have had good luck with them if you study the blend. Usually cigar page will at least tell you enough about wrapper or filler origin to get you in the ballpark as to what you’re buying. I’ve took a couple guesses as to which exact cigar they were but never been correct lol.

as an example. If they are described as a closed foot or triple cap. I’ll grab. Usually lanceros are good too. Nobody is gonna roll those type of cigars unless they are top shelf

I'll look into them when I'm ready to buy next. Thanks guys.