Country flag

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That is awesome! You're going to cost me money, because I'm envious of the organization.

Every time I want in the bottom of my foot lockers, I have to move 2 trays and they're not the easiest yo get a grip of. It's a real pain.

So, is this taking place of a 48 qt, or are you just expanding storage?

PS. We have the same color of slippers. Lol
IMG_20230203_174955_582.jpg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
6:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jim that’s a nice setup brother.
Catman I too buy 5 or 10 packs. I don’t need anymore empty boxes lol
41 fan. As a rule Gurkha is typically not worth the on sale price. I do like those cellar reserves though. I honestly gave up on the brand. I do have a handful of the white band cellar reserves though.

please don’t take anything I’m talking as far as cigars on what’s good or what’s not as some sort of hate towards anyone. I’ve smoked for several years and when I started I bought a lot of stuff I wish now I hadn’t. I’ll smoke through them all. But I’ve learned to wait for good sales from good cigar manufacturers

everyone should smoke what they like for sure. Some fellas might think the stuff I like is garbage. I’ve got cigar buddies all over the US I trade with and keep in touch with. All of us seem to like similar things

only trying to be helpful guys. I’ll keep opinions to myself from here on out but if anyone has any questions I’ll try my best to help. Or ask the Catman he sent me some of those Oliva Connecticut reserves. They’re really good smokes.

If I see any good deals on smokes I’ll add the coupon codes and tell you what I’m into.

Handsome slippers fellas lol.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Jim that’s a nice setup brother.
Catman I too buy 5 or 10 packs. I don’t need anymore empty boxes lol
41 fan. As a rule Gurkha is typically not worth the on sale price. I do like those cellar reserves though. I honestly gave up on the brand. I do have a handful of the white band cellar reserves though.

please don’t take anything I’m talking as far as cigars on what’s good or what’s not as some sort of hate towards anyone. I’ve smoked for several years and when I started I bought a lot of stuff I wish now I hadn’t. I’ll smoke through them all. But I’ve learned to wait for good sales from good cigar manufacturers

everyone should smoke what they like for sure. Some fellas might think the stuff I like is garbage. I’ve got cigar buddies all over the US I trade with and keep in touch with. All of us seem to like similar things

only trying to be helpful guys. I’ll keep opinions to myself from here on out but if anyone has any questions I’ll try my best to help. Or ask the Catman he sent me some of those Oliva Connecticut reserves. They’re really good smokes.

If I see any good deals on smokes I’ll add the coupon codes and tell you what I’m into.

Handsome slippers fellas lol.

I think input is good, even if it's just opinion. So, I sure hope you don't hold back.

We're all men here (pretty sure anyways, never know who's lurking I guess) and I'd hope none of us take anything personal, especially about cigars. It's all subjective and as long as someone likes something, that's all that matters. Flip side, if someone has a bad experience with a brand, I hope they'll share that.

I used to have a chocolate lab and whenever someone would comment on my slippers (because I always tend to buy this color) I'd always say "Thanks. They match my dog." Lol

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is awesome! You're going to cost me money, because I'm envious of the organization.

Every time I want in the bottom of my foot lockers, I have to move 2 trays and they're not the easiest yo get a grip of. It's a real pain.

So, is this taking place of a 48 qt, or are you just expanding storage?

PS. We have the same color of slippers. Lol
View attachment 363687

The Mocs are Minnetonka & pretty damn comfortable.

4FB55383-BA4E-4DAC-AAB1-AEFABE57B4EC.jpeg

As far as replacing a 48qt cooler, uhmm, no I am able to get rid of these 2 though.

147D49AC-0356-4C35-9BA5-000431EA6264.jpeg

Here is my cooler & wooden humidor collection, remember when I said I went pretty deep down the rabbit hole …

C5CD07F7-1630-4838-97A7-C3817C06EE55.jpeg

Big blue is all singles

2 reds are both boxes

middle blue is some cheroots that I buy for my cousin.

3 wooden humidors are all singles

blue on the right is all flavored Tabaks/DE

black plastic on top of blue is different flavored stuff

black wooden is singles

white on top is just 2 packs of flavored but they are Fireballs.

Then I have the Clevelander’s

5F8A4E1E-4CC4-47CC-8980-60F088365120.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
EC007CFB-631F-4884-86F4-C77329019703.jpeg Warped cloud hopper. Another favorite manufacturer I don’t have many warped smokes but i will pick some more up. They’re worth the extra money in my experience. This is in my top 3 from warped The chinchalle (spelling) not sure.
and 1988 I believe is what it’s called are winners.

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Mocs are Minnetonka & pretty damn comfortable.

View attachment 363703

As far as replacing a 48qt cooler, uhmm, no I am able to get rid of these 2 though.

View attachment 363704

Here is my cooler & wooden humidor collection, remember when I said I went pretty deep down the rabbit hole …

View attachment 363705

Big blue is all singles

2 reds are both boxes

middle blue is some cheroots that I buy for my cousin.

3 wooden humidors are all singles

blue on the right is all flavored Tabaks/DE

black plastic on top of blue is different flavored stuff

black wooden is singles

white on top is just 2 packs of flavored but they are Fireballs.

Then I have the Clevelander’s

View attachment 363707

Lord have mercy! Lol

Won't be much longer you're going to need to add a wing onto your house to store all that.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What hygrometer are those. I likes em. Those black pearls are sleeper smokes. For the price I love em. I like the purple band the best. They’re a little harsh and in your face but they get better in a few years. Kinda turn into a nice cigar.
Cool setup your running.

I think those Black Pearls have improved greatly over the several months that I have had them.

Here is the hygrometer, they come in gold & silver & are adjustable
I got them from CB & CI Make me an offer.

A59B5737-B3B2-4469-8979-DFABA7ED6EC6.jpeg

CB12BED6-FBA8-4825-8780-9C43F52CF15A.jpeg

I have several of these humicares also but they aren’t adjustable so I marked on them when I calibrated them all but one were off (low) 3%-4%

A3FBE313-313E-4ED3-84B3-CEE101C10E11.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the look of the one that looks analog. And you can calibrate it so I’ll look into them. If you don’t mind me asking. What’s a good bid to throw on em on cbid ??

and if y’all see JL from Delaware bidding don’t be running me all up high lol!!

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those trays look like they were dang near made for those coolers. Very, very nice collection Jim!

Lol. Well… actually they were. The bottom 3 were custom made. I spent a lot of time browsing looking for trays & figuring out how I could cut them & make them work for optimal storage for organization of singles & such.

I contemplated buying the Spanish cedar & making some but not having a decent shop to do it in I decided against it.

Then I saw some that were sized pretty closely on flea bay & in the description it stated he made custom sizes so I went about bypassing flea bay & contacted him. I am really happy with them. Being anal retentive about organizing my cigar is kinda of costly.

image.jpg image.jpg

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like the look of the one that looks analog. And you can calibrate it so I’ll look into them. If you don’t mind me asking. What’s a good bid to throw on em on cbid ??

and if y’all see JL from Delaware bidding don’t be running me all up high lol!!

It may be cheaper to get them from Amazon or flea bay based on what just saw them for on CB.

95A3DFF2-8543-4FA5-B5AF-D6431345F90A.png

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Umm, it looks like you’re going to need a hand smoking those cigars, send me your address , LOL!!
If you are ever in SW IA let me know.

I would be happy to mail some out you a bundle of stogies if you want.

Last edited:

KS Plainsman

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. Well… actually they were. The bottom 3 were custom made. I spent a lot of time browsing looking for trays & figuring out how I could cut them & make them work for optimal storage for organization of singles & such.

I contemplated buying the Spanish cedar & making some but not having a decent shop to do it in I decided against it.

Then I saw some that were sized pretty closely on flea bay & in the description it stated he made custom sizes so I went about bypassing flea bay & contacted him. I am really happy with them. Being anal retentive about organizing my cigar is kinda of costly.

View attachment 363727 View attachment 363728

He did a great job it looks like. I was gona say, no way I'd be lucky enough to find something that fit so close.

On the Newair, how loud is that clicking noise people talk about? Also, how close to 840 capacity do you think it actually is?

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He did a great job it looks like. I was gona say, no way I'd be lucky enough to find something that fit so close.

On the Newair, how loud is that clicking noise people talk about? Also, how close to 840 capacity do you think it actually is?

The compressor noise is minimal just a bit of like click/gurgle, I have had cheap chitty wall clocks make more noise from the secondhand flicking with each movement.

If you are just storing boxes or bagging up singles it would hold that many. I have 341 in there & probably wouldn’t want to add many more without some dividers & deeper trays.

There is a lot of wasted space if not stacking boxes or bags. The trays can be adjusted as long as you move the slides also.

My Clevelanders are supposed to be 300 capacity. The one with mostly Ave Marias has 131 in it that’s with an additional tray in the bottom.

Here is a vid/review about the 840 from Bryan Glynn from Cigar Obsession

https://cigarobsession.com/2021/02/05/newair-840-count-electronic-humidor-review/

Last edited:

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Clevelander’s are/were a great deal over Christmas at $235, now they are $279 still not a bad deal (imo) for a partial climate controlled humidor ( cooling only ) that could hold 250 cigars if really loaded up. 125 - 150 is more realistic at least for me. I believe they are still free shipping also, like I said before my only beef with them is the door has to open 180* to get the trays out.

I missed out on 2 scratch/dent 840’s last fall on flea bay, I lost signal on my phone & couldn’t bid, I shouldn’t of waited until the last minute to bid. They went for $500 each.