High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Christmas Exchange Echo 620

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have been using it, there is some error in my book. It is what ever method you are comfortable with. Part of me says it is more accurate but the jury is still out.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been using it, there is some error in my book. It is what ever method you are comfortable with. Part of me says it is more accurate but the jury is still out.

How much variation do you see compared to other guys on the same saw with a wheel?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you asked. I've been off by 3 degrees or close as 1/2 a degree. And this is why I put this out, I try to be consistence as possible, like same method to read openings. Grant it I'm looking thru a plug hole and have to use the same light and hold my head the same. Transfers are tough sometimes.

I've degreed a saw and had my brother do it and we get different readings. I've done it with @wigglesworth and we are different. I always second guess myself and keep rechecking.

I use a ring pushed up with the piston. Nothing else matches. Light changes readings, paralax does to, so I use a ring.

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The way I see it is,if I like 102 124 76 in a 064 using my method of checking port height then it's really irrelevant what someone else gets when they check it.

As long as you do it the same everytime then if another guy gets a degree or 2 different I don't know what difference that makes.

Looking with a light at the transfers and pushing a ring up ive seen 3 or 4 degrees difference.

Also what I call the exhaust opening at can be different from what someone else calls it. Numbers are numbers and nothing more.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ummm? I do not see a pm, I have one from dec. 25th.