Christmas Exchange Echo 620

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here we go! First off let me say it is awesome for an opportunity like this. When this first came about, I had no 60cc saw to participate. I was searching and looking at $$$ figures too. I will admit that I was skeptical on what to do. Anyhow with the help of a good internet friend I was able to purchase a brand new Echo 620.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

These pictures go back to early summer. I pulled it out of the box, as this is the third new saw I've ever bought.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hauled this saw to Kentucky to give it a fair shake against some other saws in the same cc range.

First time it even cut wood.

Let me back up and say on the initial start up, the carburetor needed to be tweaked. I had that done by a professional, even video to prove it. Ironically adjusting the high side smoothed out the idle and throttle response. This will come about later in the thread.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now here is the fun part!!!! Excuse me while I figure out how to make the smartphone do what my fingers are telling it dot dot dot.....

This is after the learning a echo 20 inch bar takes a 70 driver chain????? Husqvarna bar and a freshly filed chain. It may or may not be more hungry than out of the box.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now here is the fun part!!!! Excuse me while I figure out how to make the smartphone do what my fingers are telling it dot dot dot.....

This is after the learning a echo 20 inch bar takes a 70 driver chain. Husqvarna bar and a freshly filed chain. It may or may not be more hungry than out of the box.

Think you will like it, if I remember correctly the stock numbers in the 620 are real similar to where I went with the 590.

But ya lose the wolf in sheep's clothing starting with a 620 :)

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
10:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
get the muffler gutted hack on the deflector some do a base gasket delete and a 8 pin on it.
ready to go.

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Old school poulan 3500, same bar and chain. Muffler has been wigglized.

Stihl 361, muffler has been wigglized. Same chain. Man, I like this saw!!!

Stihlbro

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still in stock form ?

Unfortunately....

Think you will like it, if I remember correctly the stock numbers in the 620 are real similar to where I went with the 590.

But ya lose the wolf in sheep's clothing starting with a 620 :)

Now now, it's missing the full wrap handle. ;)

get the muffler gutted hack on the deflector some do a base gasket delete and a 8 pin on it.
ready to go.

Pic?

johnny5ny

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Very nice!!!
I'm a big echo fan - no echo saws but every other piece of OPE I own is echo. Stone reliable, and all respond very nicely to minor mods.

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You all need to pay attention.

Joey does some amazing craftsmanship and really know his way around saws. He is also a top notch gentleman from every experience I have ever had with him.

Mark my words
someone is getting a hell of a saw!

had to edit

for got the dot dot dot