Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think there is one out there, I keep threatening to make some carbon fiber like @SOS Ridgerider
Hell yeah David!! Was I supposed to weigh my bars or something and get back to you, by the way? There’s something in the back of my head that says I was.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
9:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell yeah David!! Was I supposed to weigh my bars or something and get back to you, by the way? There’s something in the back of my head that says I was.
Not that I remember. I need to get some CF and get to milling. My CNC guy says holding the bars will be a bit tricky to set up.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not that I remember. I need to get some CF and get to milling. My CNC guy says holding the bars will be a bit tricky to set up.
If the mills table is big enough I don't see how clamping down any length of bar is going to be tricky. o_O
Time consuming - YES!

BUT, I am not a milling/machining Pro so that I may not see the whole picture! ;)

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok. Fair enough. I just had a feeling you asked me to do something and I forgot. Probably not then. Lol. I can’t even remember what I just had for breakfast anyways, so I’m not surprised :risas3:

I’m sure your guy will come up with something, but if I have pics of how my buddy did it, I’ll send them to you. I know he did it on a small machine. I think just a Bridgeport in his basement.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he was thinking production and magnetic or vacuum holding, and different sizes of bars. Also concerns with vibration. For just doing a couple/few the same size, 42” clamping would probably work. I figure that’s the only one worth doing as one can already buy LW bars in shorter lengths. @SOS Ridgerider yeah if you have pics fire away.

42lightweight

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think he was thinking production and magnetic or vacuum holding, and different sizes of bars. Also concerns with vibration. For just doing a couple/few the same size, 42” clamping would probably work. I figure that’s the only one worth doing as one can already buy LW bars in shorter lengths. @SOS Ridgerider yeah if you have pics fire away.
I’m in for a 42” if possible.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would probably just be an oregon bar...or I guess we could do a cannon if one wanted.

Carbon fiber inserts...light and rigid, but from what I understand, you loggers might bust ‘em popping notches out.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Would probably just be an oregon bar...or I guess we could do a cannon if one wanted.

Carbon fiber inserts...light and rigid, but from what I understand, you loggers might bust ‘em popping notches out.

Just to see how stiff it is in comparison to the cannons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you can do some of the stuff above I’d be in for one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk