Cannon Ridge Maple

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haha, we always blamed architects. We swore them and engineers needed a good beating for designing that crap. I kinda miss that work. Do they install as well or just fab and send it on? We did mostly YKK storefront, with a little curtain wall work. Mostly unit replacement and caulking on curtain wall. Gotta love pulling 20’ of cap and pressure bar off to replace one little unit.
We sell to installers.
Mostly YKK,Kawneer & Efco products.
Some smaller storefront jobs like gas stations, we’ve been known to install ourselves.

Do a search for “Pier 57”. I detailed all/most of the curtain wall in that job.
Pier is owned by Google.
46B370CA-5ED3-4FE6-85DA-578C1B9E2F9C.jpeg 29904B01-138F-467C-931A-C3D0299D1CD7.jpeg 6533977D-14ED-4D5D-A3AC-466ADF134CE9.jpeg

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a very good price, by the way. The bottom has really fallen out of the bulk price in the last three years, which is no good for big producers, but it does make it more affordable for consumers. Currently we only bottle in quart bottles and smaller, and we get $18/qt. We're still cheaper than most real maple syrup on the shelf at a store, but $42/gallon is a heck of a good deal for the consumer.

Those guys obviously take a lot of pride in their product too. I generally say that there's no such thing as bad maple syrup, but I do think there is a big distinction between getting it right from the producer versus buying something a packing house has blended. The packers also want to make a good product of course, but they can make a lot more money from "commercial grade" or off flavored syrup by blending a little in with their table grade syrup. There result is sometimes a syrup that's just "okay".

So anyway, what I'm trying to say is, buy that syrup. It's a great deal.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anyone make Sweat Williams?

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Our 9 day frigid spell finally ended in earnest yesterday. The sap started running at 10am and hasn't stopped yet. We've got a big storm coming in tonight that's supposed to drop and inch of rain, then some freezing rain and then 5-8" of snow. So, I decided to cook sap tonight. Lit the fire at 7:15 and I'll run until I'm outta sap or energy, whichever happens first (probably energy).

Here's a little video my wife snapped yesterday.

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that’s a vigorous boil!

Getting this new bigger cooker has really brought a lot of enjoyment back into the process for me. Even when we were on buckets we'd still have days when the 2x10 raised flue evaporator I had couldn't keep up. There'd be several nights each season of getting dinner brought out to me in the sugar bush. This year on vacuum I would have been drowning in sap. I still can't process sap anything like what Jeremy's friend's are doing, but my 4x14 made a big difference for me. Last night was pretty unusual. I only did it because of this crazy storm headed our way tonight. All of the other times I've cooked I've been home in time for dinner. Plus, there's something awesome about running it. It's like a 660 compared to a 250. The sound it makes when it's running and seeing the sap disappear makes for a really great time!