High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Big mistake.

Shanks

Happy little lumberjack
Local time
3:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So my brother has a problem with his 038 mag. Took it to the dealer and they pulled the muffler, piston was scored. So he asked if I could rebuild it or should he just buy a new saw. I told him to bring it over and I would see what I can do with it. The cylinder will clean up fine so I just need to get a piston and rings. I hope it pressure and vac tests good. The mistake part, he actually told me to leave it stock. Don't soup it up. It's like he doesn't even know his own brother. I'm going to do some mild porting, muff modd, base gasket delete. Maybe he won't be mad after he runs it.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an 038 super that got straight gassed. I put a magnum top end on it, mildly ported, gasket delete and a muffler mod.
The saw normally runs a 20" bar and 3/8 chain.
I have run a 28" bar and 3/8 chain on it a lot and it doesn't know the difference. Thus far it's the one saw I have that has surprised me the most. I love it.

I'm sure your brother won't be upset after he runs the saw. Im very impressed with how mine runs

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my brother has a problem with his 038 mag. Took it to the dealer and they pulled the muffler, piston was scored. So he asked if I could rebuild it or should he just buy a new saw. I told him to bring it over and I would see what I can do with it. The cylinder will clean up fine so I just need to get a piston and rings. I hope it pressure and vac tests good. The mistake part, he actually told me to leave it stock. Don't soup it up. It's like he doesn't even know his own brother. I'm going to do some mild porting, muff modd, base gasket delete. Maybe he won't be mad after he runs it.
I've ran one with very similar mods and it ran great.

It even made my cads flare up a little and make me want another project saw

Cat Face-Timber

How do you like my Chicken"s Eye?
Local time
12:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I get that look from my wife
When I tell my wife about some Husky part etc... She gives me the "you have how many saws" look...
Your bro will love the saw.
Don't tell him, just have him run it.