Better Quality Forester Grinding Wheels for HF Type Grinders

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m not certain if it will go that wide or not. I know there is a .080 gauge setting, or something like it. The biggest I ever use is .063. In the directions, it said the taller chain stop was for 3/4. I tilt the grinder 10° to do depth gauges on it. If not for that, or when my wheel wears out a little bit more, my motor will also hit the chain stop. I’ll figure out what I’m going to do then

On the super jolly it has the 122 for the 11 series chain but haven’t tried it since we haven’t run any in a few years. That said I still prefer the Silvey grinders the P&D for the 11 series or the 500/600 if you can get a hold of the 80 gauge vise they still allow more adjustment for a harvester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some of these grinders were only sold with the 1/8" wheels, which is too narrow for larger pitch chain.
Just a related note from some other threads. Some of the mini-grinders state that they accept 3/16" or even 1/4" wheels when they do not. As Ronald Reagan used to say, 'Trust, but verify!' Some of the thicker wheels will not physically fit under the side covers / guards. Some grinders will not have sufficient threads on the motor arbor to fully mount the outer flange nut.

IMG_0376.jpg

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This came up in my feed for some reason.

I started the thread because I ‘discovered’ what a big difference better grinding wheels made, even on ‘cheap’ grinders. The grinding wheel is what does the actual grinding (!).

At the time, there was a good sale price on the Forester 04844 grinder, and a set of their coarser, ‘pink’ wheels at Menard’s.

I still think that the Forester is still a good value in a compact grinder. I was reminded that wheels for these are also available from Molemab (via vendors like ‘ArcherPlus’ on eBay), Oregon, and others.

554096F6-F134-4228-AF93-768D89BC2FFF.jpeg

Philbert

blades

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
just looked to see cost, used to get those molemab's for $8 ea not $20 + shipping but then everything in the vitrfied grindwheel world has gone up in price by apx 3x

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag