Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
550xp project:

I was surprised by the complete confidence that Alan had in me in our 1st business transaction, more than I would trust myself. Something that is very hard to find these days, and much appreciated.

Alan, did his homework before the build, asked me what the saw will be primarily used for, and wanted to know what I am expecting from the build. After completion, emailed me back to let me know build was almost finished, then there were several options on the exhaust. Explained to me the pros and cons of each option and gave me the necessary technical info to make the final decision.

Thank you for an amazing build, quick turnaround time, and that well packaged saw for its long international journey. Your “few weeks” time estimate was much quicker than what I was thinking. I was hoping to see the saw six months later, glad to be wrong on my time estimate. Looking through my emails, Alan’s “few weeks” turnaround time was around three weeks after payment was sent.

A+ on our business transaction, a really down to earth and honest builder, price was competitive, communication excellent, answered all questions diligently, gave the customer choices on the engine build with detailed technical explanation, then the exhaust build with more build choices and further detailed technical explanation, well packaged for international travel, and great post build support.

I would not hesitate to commission Alan for another project.

Mike

Workshop

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got 2 ported saws. Both done by Alan and I still have them. Alan and his family live about an hour and a half from me. I have organized charity cuts in the past and he, his wife and children always came to help me help others less fortunate. I've always felt Alan was a good, honest, hard worker who took pride in his work. At one cut, I asked if he would port my Echo CS670. He asked what I was looking for out of it. I simply said, "A woods port", because that's all I did was cut firewood. I don't race saws but I enjoy a saw that gets after it in big wood. That's exactly what I got back from him. Saw runs great, lots of power, lots of grunt and runs all day long. I think that's been about 4 years ago now and it still brings a smile every time I start it up.
My second saw, that Alan did, is a Husqvarna 390XP. 2 years ago my wife asked if I could have a new saw, what would I want. I'd never had a new saw before. I was considering an MS660 but I always value others opinions. So I put the word out on the forum and some friends, several, said get a Dolmar 7900. Then Alan chimed in and said he just got done building this 390 and ran it in a saw competition in Kentucky. A work saw competition. It was a "no thought to it" decision. I bought it. He asked what size bar? I told him 28" bar, 3/8 chain because I was getting into some big wood. It handles the 28 like it was nothing. Even buried. I've since added a 36" 404 bar and chain to its arsenal. I've had that bar buried full length and the saw never stumbled.
Alan does some damn fine work and its an honor knowing him and his family.
Enough said.

Last edited:

cobey

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alan ported my 590 echo
It was one of the first few saws he ported,
It is an excellent work saw, it pulls a 24 hard in all kinds of wood, I have been
Running it hard for several years.
In a pinch it ran a 42" bar earlier this year
It isn't as strong as my 064 but it will suprize you for a 59 cc saw! I have ran
Many gallons of few threw this saw and
The cylinder still looks good
Alan delivers...... period....