Aussie big saw day out

VinceGU05

one day when i grow up...
Local time
5:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You look well prepared :). When I'm packing saw gear for work I take 1/2 saws & polesaw, when ya going cutting with your mates you stuff as much h.p as you can fit in truck tray so you can sleep better knowing the next day no one will outsaw you without a fight. Hybrids, sleeper saws, ported saws with sticker removed & stock looking race chains all hidden up your sleeve. Sounds like fun!

lol.. yup this was just for me and Skip. and i was being conservative :D

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
That by the way was my first tree felling.
I was very pleased with it.

Todays timber was dry dead stringy bark.
Not the hardest timber on offer in the area but very hard non the less. Makes great fire wood.

View attachment 40790

View attachment 40791

View attachment 40778

View attachment 40779

I trimmed off the top of the stump to leave it neat and we used the land owners tractor to roll back the main trunk section.
We had a bit of a discussion on weather to cut it up into split posts or leave it to slab.
We decided to go with split posts

View attachment 40780
Great pics Tony plenty of firewood on offer there

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great pics Tony plenty of firewood on offer there

Yes lots and its good firewood too.
In some of the pics you can see a pile of stacked logs....... there about 4 stacks of them around the property that we are welcome to as they want it all gone.
I spotted a couple nice big ones I am going to ask the land owner to save for me so I can mill them.

My ported 10mm 044 made an impression, I wish I had of got a video of it.
Both the boys that were out with me are already wanting to buy the other 10mm 044 I have to fix up. They could not believe how hard it went for a 70cc saw.

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
5:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yes lots and its good firewood too.
In some of the pics you can see a pile of stacked logs....... there about 4 stacks of them around the property that we are welcome to as they want it all gone.
I spotted a couple nice big ones I am going to ask the land owner to save for me so I can mill them.

My ported 10mm 044 made an impression, I wish I had of got a video of it.
Both the boys that were out with me are already wanting to buy the other 10mm 044 I have to fix up. They could not believe how hard it went for a 70cc saw.
Glad it went well wish I was there cutting with you the 044 is a great saw old but gold :headbang:

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah it was great fun.
Every time I made a cut with that 044 I thought... WOW! It never got old.
The 066 was the same once my temporary muffler mods I forgot about finished melting out and I got it tuned for how it ended up. It pulled that square chain Deets made for me with authority and won race after race. Made a strong big bore MS660 look it was a clamshell 039

Brewz

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found another video.

After we gave up on getting a single post of the billet that would have made nice slabs....... sigh......... we used it as a play thing / test bed / practice / race log
Wish I had of got a video of the 66 races

Here is my mate Andrew who decided to have a crack at slabbing with his 090 running 1:1 mix and short bar.
I did try and explain to him that the need to run lots of oil was from old days using 30 weight oil and he could just run it at 25:1 to stop all the birds dropping dead out of the trees while he cut.