High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Anybody know what kind of cylinder this is?

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Aftermarket yes, Sold and Installed by a Stihl Dealer as OEM to My knowledge. Hmmmmmm circlip totally wrecked the P&C. Question is any idea of what brand aftermarket?

Scott

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like one of the generic white box kits (although it does have "1128" cast into it on the upper left). The dealers (and everyone) need to be educated on these that the wrist pin clips (and sometimes the pin) are not hardened components like OEM and fail often.

The roof of the exhaust port looks pretty squared off.

cuttinscott

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm not saying I am a Stihl expert. to be truthful this guy had to really twist my arm to fix this saw. He spent close to 380 at a stihl dealer to have this fixed. then it blew up and stihl dealer said must be a lower bearing? without even inspecting it. Then I tore into it to find the circlip wedged between the piston and the cylinder. Had to really fight it to tear it apart. I had thought it may of been OEM stihl till I seen the NEW One a fellow member sent me today in a factory stihl box. It said Stihl on one side and gr****** whatever Italian mfg on the other side. The ole one said 1128 on top yes but no mfg id anywhere. Remember the Chinese will copy everything even the 1128 id remember the china clone Huskies that all had the same serial Number?

Scott

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On my Chinese Farmertec ms361, every part on the saw has 1135 stamped on it. So that jug may be a FT. Just a guess

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a 1122 stamped aftermarket one. Gilardoni?

I don't think this one is a Gilardoni jug, the finish is too "light".

Stihl made 440 jugs in-house but they have the straight fins on top. They do make top ends at their Brazilian and Chinese facilities but they're marked with the Stihl logo.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think this one is a Gilardoni jug, the finish is too "light".

Stihl made 440 jugs in-house but they have the straight fins on top. They do make top ends at their Brazilian and Chinese facilities but they're marked with the Stihl logo.
I meant the oem he received.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That one doesn't look like a farmertec or nwp or hyway or meteor and not gillardoni, mahle, koblenschmidt or in house Stihl.

An ebay customer asked me about one of those recently that was marked the same as your pic except it was a 52mm big bore.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That one doesn't look like a farmertec or nwp or hyway or meteor and not gillardoni, mahle, koblenschmidt or in house Stihl.

An ebay customer asked me about one of those recently that was marked the same as your pic except it was a 52mm big bore.

Dave, the cylinder kits sold by NWP have that same V and G4 markings on them. I don`t know what Chinese manufacturer makes them but NWP sells them.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm I wonder if that is the chrome bore kit they sell.
I only ever order the nikasil kits but they do have chrome kits for some models that are a little less expensive.
I may have to order one to verify

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmmm I wonder if that is the chrome bore kit they sell.
I only ever order the nikasil kits but they do have chrome kits for some models that are a little less expensive.
I may have to order one to verify

I have seen them but have not used one, they just come in a white box like many aftermarket sets do with no name on them. I will see if I can find a link to one, eBay is usually a good place for stuff like that.
Link,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWP-Nikasil...292524?hash=item2a6ce0b66c:g:5GQAAOSwsTxXkkbC

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any photos of the carnage in the inside?