Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi folks,

Since this seems to be the de facto introductions forum, thought I'd post here.

I'm just a doofus living on a 1/4 acre in suburbia without a lot of practical use for some of the cool stuff I see here, but I am a tinkerer/gearhead/DIYer and I love messing with, breaking and fixing all kinds of powered equipment, including small engines.

I recently built one of the clone kit saws, and I learned of the forum from one of the popular YouTube channels featuring such builds.

Anyway, Hi to everyone!
Pics of said clone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VAguy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Pics of said clone?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have a 30" bar on it now. My parents recently had about a 3' diameter oak taken down; Told them I had just the thing for it. Need to pay them a visit and see what it's really made of. Or watch the explosion, whichever comes first :DIMG_4021.JPG

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a 30" bar on it now. My parents recently had about a 3' diameter oak taken down; Told them I had just the thing for it. Need to pay them a visit and see what it's really made of. Or watch the explosion, whichever comes first :DView attachment 98284

Look at that thing! that's cool! Have fun with that.
If you want to run a bunch of different saws see if you can find a GTG (Get Together) and usually as a new guy you'll have guys handing you all kinds of cool stuff to try.

Curious how nose heavy is that with the solid bar? If you pick the saw up by the handle bar does the nose want to drop?

I have a 385 with 32" Oregon Light weight bar and it just about balances but is a little nose heavy. I put my 28" solid bar on it and it seems to be even more nose heavy. I never cared much about balance or weight with a saw until I started messing w/ longer bars!

Welcome to the forum. I always say surround yourself with guys who suffer from the same disease and you can feel just a bit more "normal" ... whatever that is LOL.
Cheers.