Amsoil Saber

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The little ms170 does not behave at 40 to 1.
Pain keeping more than one fuel mix.
That saw will get sold at some point.
Not a dog, just a pup.
Have you gutted muffler ans bumped time up??

I have one that is my favorite small saw 12 inch bar , thing screams

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not.
I pulled the screen, with that and 40 to 1 it seemed too fuel lean to me.
Replaced screen, went 50 to 1, knocked down depth gauges and filed top and side cutters.
My helper reported it was better but grabby.
I lightly filed cutters again.

No carb jet adjust, never saw anything like this before.
Oh and the air filter, LOL.

I have a sugar maple down. After zero temps and deer clean the browse, I'll give it another go.

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did not.
I pulled the screen, with that and 40 to 1 it seemed too fuel lean to me.
Replaced screen, went 50 to 1, knocked down depth gauges and filed top and side cutters.
My helper reported it was better but grabby.
I lightly filed cutters again.

No carb jet adjust, never saw anything like this before.
Oh and the air filter, LOL.

I have a sugar maple down. After zero temps and deer clean the browse, I'll give it another go.
If you can't get it worked out , order a ChiCom wt215 carb and drill adjustment holes in side,

This is what I do for a few folks.

Use small wood screw in trigger to get carb rod to open carb 100%

Matt Schmitt

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a 2016 562 stock ran 80:1 since new shes still going great. My buddy sells the stuff and no he didnt push me to buy it. What did was the fact he had ran it a 100:1 for three years at that time with no issues. I know some think it’s a scheme but he’s still running his saws to this day at 100:1 and no failures yet, me personally I don’t have the balls to run it at that especially in my ported ones but can any of us say we’ve ran it at 100:1 and had a failure? I really think it’s a good oil and starting to not surprise me that it can hold up at 100:1 when I’ve been running 80 and no issues. One thing I like is the built In Stabilizer, I run it in all my other two stroke stuff I e blowers, trimmers. And every spring they fire right up no issues. As for my ported saws I run 40:1 as that’s there recommendation. Also been running this mix in my boys 70cc Eton atv and he rides it a lot and no issues so all I can say is it’s working so I can’t say that it will trash a motor. I thought surely it would when I first started, but it so far is proving me wrong.

Last edited:

MACHINE

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have a 2016 562 stock ran 80:1 since new shes still going great. My buddy sells the stuff and no he didnt push me to buy it. What did was the fact he had ran it a 100:1 for three years at that time with no issues. I know some think it’s a scheme but he’s still running his saws to this day at 100:1 and no failures yet, me personally I don’t have the balls to run it at that especially in my ported ones but can any of us say we’ve ran it at 100:1 and had a failure? I really think it’s a good oil and starting to not surprise me that it can hold up at 100:1 when I’ve been running 80 and no issues. One thing I like is the built In Stabilizer, I run it in all my other two stroke stuff I e blowers, trimmers. And every spring they fire right up no issues. As for my ported saws I run 40:1 as that’s there recommendation. Also been running this mix in my boys 70cc Eton atv and he rides it a lot and no issues so all I can say is it’s working so I can’t say that it will trash a motor. I thought surely it would when I first started, but it so far is proving me wrong.
Same thing I'm seeing.

Stuff really works .