BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Adding to this--
I put a Hyway Stihl 036 fuel line into my emergency saw at my cabin. It lasted 3years... we noticed a high idle last week and found a split at the fuel filter. I went to grab the line with hemostats and the filter just fell off. This saw maybe gets two tanks through it a year--- it sits in ethanol-free fuel waiting for an emergency or backup use.
The line wasn't mushy, there were no other cracks, and it was still a perfect fit on the carb. These lines are better than Huztl/Farmertec lines but I simply don't recommend them.

I knew this line may have issues but I wanted to test it myself.

BuckthornBonnie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few things OEM just seems like the only way to go, fuel filters and fuel lines among them! Also have had no luck with AM Elastostart pull cords.
Exactly right, man. I will say that I needed to try it myself since the line looked "ok" when new.
Still have two in 064s that I will replace. Those are my own saws so I'll know when they go.

bikemike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
i'll use the stihl grommet like he did and echo 3×5 mm drill it out the grommet a little the grommet never seems to go bad lol no vibration there i guess I've done many and haven't had to fix them so if your in a pinch and need one quick it does work.
I'm a fan of the echo brand fuel line. Very flexible

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wish OEM had the Ethanol green lines made for all Stihl saws. I think the Green fuel lines are the best. I have only seen them for 440/460 saws.