Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No real "tangible" specs...

There's a ton of them out in the field working, though, never heard any problems from anyone....

I've put a bunch in myself after this one, so far no feedback yet. So I'm taking that as no news is good news.
I'm not sure how to put it into words but they just feel right while you're working installing them compared to others of known quality or lack thereof.
That's not a very technical assessment though.

Duke Thieroff

Fill your hands you SOB!
Local time
6:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've put a bunch in myself after this one, so far no feedback yet. So I'm taking that as no news is good news.
I'm not sure how to put it into words but they just feel right while you're working installing them compared to others of known quality or lack thereof.
That's not a very technical assessment though.
Honestly, I feel the same way...

For the most part, when people ask if they should add a Cabers to em I really don't think it's worth the extra cost and I like to sell stuff...

LOL

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Honestly, I feel the same way...

For the most part, when people ask if they should add a Cabers to em I really don't think it's worth the extra cost and I like to sell stuff...

LOL

It's kinda like making a weld, if it looks good that's your first clue that it most likely is good.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don`t see any manufacturers letters or numbers etched on those rings Steve, anything on the other sides.?

As an update, I have been using the Duke's piston with the rings ever since this build and haven't looked back. While putting the rings in the ring expander to install them on a 372 piston today I noticed a tiny letter R etched into the ring near the end, so tiny I didn't even bother taking a picture of it, but it's there. I also don't profess to know what the R is for either, maybe @Duke Thieroff can helpeded.

president

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As an update, I have been using the Duke's piston with the rings ever since this build and haven't looked back. While putting the rings in the ring expander to install them on a 372 piston today I noticed a tiny letter R etched into the ring near the end, so tiny I didn't even bother taking a picture of it, but it's there. I also don't profess to know what the R is for either, maybe @Duke Thieroff can helpeded.
Great thread ! 044s are my go to saw. pioneer 600 ported
one for me (WOW) , put a dukes pop up in another !!!
and on nos stocker
Keith

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:28 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread ! 044s are my go to saw. pioneer 600 ported
one for me (WOW) , put a dukes pop up in another !!!
and on nos stocker
Keith
I still keep a few of them around and have about 30 of them out there cutting wood, I have never had one come back in for service, they are a tough saw.